H. Burgsmuller 16 Gauge Shotgun

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by GuildGun6, Nov 20, 2012.

1. GuildGun6

GuildGun6 New Member

I have recently purchased a 16ga shotgun. The gun is a H. Burgsmuller made in Kreiensen, Germany, serial #4416. It has proof marks on it of Shotgun, Choke, First & Second Test w/ "U", 16 within a circle, but there are a few markings I cannot identify.
    There is "SIC" on barrell and a "L" in decorative font. also a 16/1?
    Any advice from you experts for me today? I am trying to date this gun. Needs a little TLC but is kind of cool. I love the old guns.
    This is not a Burgsmuller & Sohn, it is a Henrich Burgsmuller, I believe the one who started the company in 1802. I will try and take some pictures and post later today. ;)