H & D Folsom

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by jason0025, Dec 21, 2010.

1. jason0025

jason0025 New Member

I know a guy that has a New York Club April 14 1891 H & D Folsom Co Rolling Block for sale in good shape. It has been in his family. I was looking to buy it and was wondering what it was worth. Thanks
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

H&D Folsom was a large sporting goods retailer in the late 1800's and into the 1920's. They would furnish whatever their clients wanted, both name brand, house brand and imported. They would also have the customers logo roll marked on the firearm at their request. New Your Gun Club was a house brand that H&D Folsom used for their own in house goods. H&D Folsom owned their own gun company, Crescent Firearms Co., but Crescent only made shotguns and it is rumored, a few .22 rifles. So we are going to have to have clear pictures of all the markings and overall pictures of the rifle. If it is indeed a Rolling Block, then the odds are it was imported from Belgium, If there are no American makers names, such as Remington, then one proof mark you may look for is the letters ELG in a circle or oval. With out pictures of the gun, action , and markings, it is one big guessing game.

3. jason0025

jason0025 New Member

I had also forgot to post that it was a 22. I'll have to look at it for the markings. Does anyone have any ballpark amount that i can offer and not make a mistake cause it is in good shape, specially for its age.