H&Ks in Competition???

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting Forum' started by dukeyjoe, Aug 15, 2009.

1. dukeyjoe

dukeyjoe New Member

Anyone using an H&K in IDPA, USPSA, or Steel Challenge? If so, what pistol, caliber, variant, and how competitive is it? [​IMG]
  2. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

I used an H&K USP Expert in .45 caliber in both, a local Combat Pistol, and a Defensive Pistol league. In 2006 and 2008 I took first place for the year.
    2007 I switched to a 1911, only took 2nd place that year. :(

Shot some IPSC with the Expert, did OK.
    Of course I was not shooting in open class either.
    Some of those open class shooters .....whew.

Shot IDPA with a standard USP.
    Didn't do too bad with that one.

I love the mag release being "in" the trigger guard.
    Makes for a real quick reload.
  3. dukeyjoe

dukeyjoe New Member

Thanks for the response pickenup. I have a P2000SK and my 16yo son has a P2000, both in 40 S&W; however we have been looking at the longer barreled Combat Competitions with the LEM/Match triggers and Fiber optic sights. I like the dependability of the HKs vs. the Paras we have, but wanted to know if we would be at a great disadvantage running the HKs. Looks like you did pretty well with yours, Congrats!
  4. sonsofwarfounder

sonsofwarfounder New Member

Hk's for comp shooting is damn good gun to do so with. Ive shoot in quite a few comp's in southern cali. Not to many can compete with my 40 usp. I fire in only combat comp and i have no problems with my gun. Pickenup you said you switch to a 1911??? What kind? 1911 are a very good gun once you modify alot of things on it, shave the trigger, swap barrels, and most importantly buy the 60-70 dollar recoil kit for model gun. They dont have recoil buffers to keeps the metal to metal action going on between you spring and lower receiver. hope i was able to help
    Semper Fi
  5. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

I had a Les Baer, Thunder Ranch model. I do not care for location of the mag release, or the recoil. I am spoiled after using the H&K. LOL

I do not like having to reposition my hand to release the mag, then reposition it again to shoot. When you can win or loose a stage by 1/10th of a second, repositioning the hand like that takes too much time.

Never had ANY problems with the pistol. Great firearm. I did however have a problem with the magazine springs. They got weak and would cause it to not lock open when the mag was empty. Replaced the springs, and no more problems.