H&R .308 handi-grip handi-rifle

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Hunter2012, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Hunter2012

Hunter2012 New Member

I am looking to find info on the .308 handi-rifle with the handi-grip. I am looking to buy one of these rifles in the near future. I am buying this rifle to hunt deer only. I don't target shoot much, only to sight in and to recheck just before hunting season opens. Do any of you own one of these rifles, and can you give any info on accuracy, bullet type, and your opinion to buy or not to buy. Thanks for any info.
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

I do not own one, but the ones I have seen appear to be OK for what they are. They are light rifles, built on the old H&R single barrel shotgun action, and should be a rugged gun, though I doubt they will stand up as well as a good bolt action. They are single shot, of course, and some folks may find that OK for hunting, but without lots of practice, a follow up shot will be slower to get off than with most repeating rifles.

I have been told they are reasonably accurate and will accept any factory ammo or equivalent handloads.

Jim
  3. Hunter2012

Hunter2012 New Member

Thanks for the info Jim. I agree with the bolt action being hard to beat. I am just looking to find a rifle for a good price to fill the freezer. I have a family of 5 and they all will eat all the deer meat you can throw at them. I live in WV and needless to say its very steep and brushy so that first shot will most likely be my only shot. I appreciate you replying back and happy hunting.