H&R .32 S&W revolver.

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Lighterman, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Lighterman

Lighterman New Member

I got this revolver from a friend who didn't want it. It is missing the center pin and I have no idea how old it is. Can anyone tell me if it is a black powder or a smokeless gun? I want to fire it but I can't until I know.

Attached Files:

2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Welcome Lighterman

if you have the serial numbers the real experts on H&R will be along to help , with pitting like that on the outside of the barrel , make sure you get it inspected well , rust in barrels stops bullets going out , and the gas too ,
    then it all goes backwards ,
    real fast eh ,

and the gun is often converted to shrapnel just in time to make a good spread on the shooter

;)
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  3. Lighterman

Lighterman New Member

Thanks for the advice Jack404. It isn't pitted at all. The finish is just severely rusted. But I found a center pin for it! I still don't know if it is black powder or smokeless but I'll get the serial number checked and that should give me a date. If you know anyone with more info. I appreciate it!
    -Lighterman
  4. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

It would also help if you gave us the markings on the frame and barrel.