1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

H&R .32 sw top break sear and guard

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by Littlechance, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Littlechance

Littlechance New Member

I took apart my h&r to give it a good cleaning I can get it all back together except for the sear and trigger guard. can some one please give me some advice on how to do it. ( the gun went through a tornado and was full of all kinds of stuff it needed taken apart for inspection and cleaning) thanks
  2. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

for easy assembly of these parts make a slave pin just long enough to hold the single action sear in the trigger guard (but short enough so the trigger guard will enter the bottom of the frame). this will enable you to keep the single action sear in place while inserting the trigger guard into the bottom of the frame. use a correct diameter pin punch to drive out the slave pin and then the retaining pin can be inserted and it will drive out the pin punch. the retaining pin should be inserted from the left side of the frame.
    bill
  3. Littlechance

Littlechance New Member

Thanks bill
    any idea of the age of the gun
  4. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

H&R manufactured 32 caliber top break revolvers between 1885 and 1941. in many different models and variations. the following info is need to properly identify.
    1. exact markings on top of barrel (including patent dates)
    2. any markings on the side of the barrel (left or right)
    3. markings on the bottom of the butt
    3. serial number found on the left side of the grip frame under the grips and on the bottom of the top strap (cylinder should be removed to see properly) the last three digits of the serial number will also be found on the cylinder and the cylinder star.
    4. hard rubber grip design floral or target logo at top
    bill
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  5. RAEME

RAEME New Member

I have a H&R .32 Premier top break as well, Thanks for the information on re assembly. Does anyone have a spare quill thay would sell me as my as new H&R is minus that one part??