H&R .38 Hammerless. Date of birth?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Twaits, May 31, 2011.

1. Twaits

Twaits Member

Hi all, I'm looking for the date of birth of an H&R. Sorry I can't post the pictures. My photobucket link says "*********" ( the auction site) and apparently that is a banned word here.

It is a .38 Hammerless. 3 1/4 inch barrel. Nickel plated serial number 162726

Top rib says

"HARRINGTON & RICHARDSON ARMS Co"
    "WORCESTER, MASS. U.S.A."

Thanks for any help!
    Last edited: May 31, 2011
  2. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

Twaits,
    With that serial number in th 160K range and that exact barrel rib stamping, your LARGE FRAME HAMMERLESS 2nd Model is a 4th Variation and was made circa 1913-15.
    Here's a pic of a fairly rare configuration:
    IMG_2917.jpg
  3. Twaits

Twaits Member

Jim,

Thank you so much. You're always such a big help. I can't wait to get the H&R book when it's available so I can stop bugging you :)
  4. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

twaits,
    You, as always, are welcome - thanks for thanking.
    I'm sitting here thinking how useless I'm going to feel when the Bill G. H&R Book finally hits the shelves.:eek::rolleyes:;)