1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

H&R .410 parts

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by mkdaplmbr, Aug 21, 2009.

1. mkdaplmbr

mkdaplmbr New Member

Hi guys, new to forum... I find most info from you without having to post.

I was going through my late grandpas stuff and found this old H&R .410/44
    It is missing some pieces as you can see from the pics. I broke it down and the bore is in good shape, the hammer looks good, but I need a schematic to make it fire again. I remember shooting this when I was little and would like to give it to my newborn son one day. I know it needs some love but I think I could make it work for some sentimental value. Does anyone have any info for parts as there is no model number, or even a little history?

Thanks in advance
    Mike

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3454/3844406000_48b60d813e.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3506/3844406014_e454227311.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mkdaplmbr/3843616537/
  2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

I believe you've got a Monitor Model, you can try Numrich, Brownells or Bobs Gun Shop.

Welcome to the forum and I think once you clean it up, the little one will have a nice heirloom. Not sure if I'd shoot it or not, would have to take it to a gunsmith and have it checked out first.
  3. gazzmann

gazzmann New Member

4. mkdaplmbr

mkdaplmbr New Member

Thanks gazzmann but I dont know if ts considered a large frame or a small frame and I dont know a model number- Do you know the model number? E-gun parts is a great resource if you know what you have.

woolleyworm, thank you . I cant find what a monitor model is on E-gunparts, but the model 1915 looks close. Will they work with me on the phone to get the parts right? Have you ordered from them before?

Thanks
    Mike
    :confused:
  5. gazzmann

gazzmann New Member

Mike,
    b.goforth, on this forum is the H&R go to guy. Very knowledgeable on H&R's.
    Hopefully he will check out your post.
    Maybe a p.m. to him or submit a new post with your questions.
    I checked my Numerich catalog and found nothing.
    Keep the history going.
    Hope this helps you out.
  6. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

could not get the last picture to open. the marking on the barrel do not appear to be of the type H&R used. so i can't tell who the manufacturer is. most manufacturer used the 410-44 on small frame guns until about 1921 or so weight of the standard brame would be about 5 1/2 pounds and the small frame about a pound less.

bill
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  7. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Bill, the markings on the frame ( last picture ) is " Harrington & Richardson Arms Co., Worchester, Mass. USA Pat Feb 27 1900