The Firearms Forum banner

H&R 732 / S&W 32

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Jimh4914 
#1 ·
I just acquired this weapon from a family member and I'm confused about age and what ammunition can be used in it. The handgun is in excellent condition and I doubt it's seen more than 6 rounds in it's lifetime. I have a 9mm and while I like that, this seems better suited for general use and protection primarily because of size.

SN: is AM666xx

Markings on the barrel are: Model 32 / 32 S&W
The barrel measures 2 1/2" from the face of the cylinder.

I've read many of the earlier posts regarding age and what can and cannot be used and before I make a mistake and fire the wrong ammo??? Have checked Midway's site and see that the only ammo in stock is Fiocchi Long, am I okay with that?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks, Jim

#4 ·
I figured that was the thread you had read, Jim, but just wanted to get the link on here so the same information is not repeated -

The fiocchi .32 long information is on this page of there website HERE

Again, that is for reference to anyone with the expertise to answer your question - which I do NOT have -

#8 ·
The AM serial number prefix was used in 1974, S&W 32 Long ammo will be fine in it. Fiocchi ammunition is high quality and will also be fine . Fiocchi is loaded to a slightly higher pressure, but well within standards. If your fire arm is in good mechanical condition, shoot and enjoy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.