H&R 777 Ultra Sportsman

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Mar 4, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Moose shooter
    (2/23/03 11:07:05 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All H & R Number 777 "Ultra" Sportsman value?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    First of all, thanks to all for the advice with the Ruger Blackhawk. It's working fine now.

I'm thinking about getting this old H & R. It is a nine shot 22 LR revolver with the front frame pivot and latching top strap. Single action only. The action functions flawlessly. The numbers on the removable chamber and the frame match. It's got (what I would call) considerable rust on the outer surfaces, especially the trigger guard and the front strap of the grip. But I'm sure I could clean it up and make it servicable with some elbow grease and patience.
    It also has the lowest serial number that I have ever seen on a gun: U 16x Yup, just 4 digits.
    It looks like it could be a good plinker and I was wondering what I should offer for it?

MOOSE

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/23/03 2:16:08 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    Re: H & R Number 777 "Ultra" Sportsman value?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, dont get too carried away about the serial number. The 'U' prefix indicates manufacture in 1958, and they started fresh each year with a new prefix.

It is single-action only, and in the condition you describe I think I would top out at $50.

Moose shooter
    (2/23/03 6:59:34 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: H & R Number 777 "Ultra" Sportsman value?
    Thanks, Doc.
    I think I'll pass on this one.