H&R 922 Bantam Weight Questions !!!PLEASE HELP!!!

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by robf, Jul 23, 2011.

1. robf

robf New Member

Hello All!

I am going to start off by saying I do not know much abt guns, but I've been reading alot of the threads on this web-site, and everyone seems VERY knowledgable about them... Im kinda weary of asking questions bc I dont want to look like a complete dumb ass, but here we go.:confused:

I have a H&R 922 Revolver (I think its a Bantam Weight). Serial number on butt is "M63114". 22 Long rifle caliber, 9 shot, barrel length 2.5 inches... It is in very good condition, but the cylinder moves around, and when I pull the trigger it doesnt rotate. I pulled the Pin out to check it out, and a piece is missing from inside of the cylinder... I think its missing the Extractor?? Im not sure of what the name of the piece thats missing is called, but its very obvious the cylinder is missing a piece that goes inside it... Also, where would I purchase this missing piece??

I have been doing some reading, and I can not figure out what piece I need. Please help. This gun holds sentimental value to me, and I really would like to get this piece thats missing. Any info would be greatly appreciated! I know I must sound like a complete dumb ass, but I just figured I would try asking. Thanks in advance.
  2. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

robf,
    Welcome to the forum. Don't worry about being considered a "complete dumb ass" - very few of us are "complete".
    As to your gun: from the 'M' prefix to the s/n - it was made in 1952 and if it is marked as a Model 922 and has a 2.5" barrel and a small, rounded grip frame - it is indeed a "BANTAM" variant of that model - it should look like the picture below.
    I'm not quite sure what you mean something is missing from inside the cylinder - but take a look at the other two pics - if that part with the "star" on it (the ALL-IN-ONE extractor) - then that's what you need.
    I checked the NUMRICH/GPC site (http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Default.aspx) - they do not show that part in stock - however - they sometimes have parts that are not shown in their catalogues.
    If you call them on the land line, ask the tech if they have the "all-in-one" extractor insert for your Bantam 922 or any other 922, 923 models.
    If they don't have them, try Jack First's gun parts (www.jackfirstgun.com).
    IMG_1289_2.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1273_3.jpg
  3. robf

robf New Member

That is definately what my gun looks like, and that is the missing piece I need (All-In-One Extractor)!! Thank you so much for your help! Once I get the All-In-One Extractor the cylinder should be more "secure" (not moving all around), and it should rotate when the trigger gets pulled right?
  4. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

robf,
    Installation of that internal device will certainly "tighten-up" the fit of your cylinder on the axis or cylinder pin and will definitely allow the pawl or hand to rotate the cylinder.
    LOL. Glad to help out. This is the first time I've had a question concerning that missing part - most owners don't even know it exists. Now YOU do.
    Good luck.