h&r 922 cylinder swap

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by littlemarvo, Oct 31, 2009.

1. littlemarvo

littlemarvo New Member

i have a h&r mod 922 22 cal revolver, some idiot dry fired the gun and scored the top of the cylinder on all chambers. as a result the gun misfires.
    i want to replace the cylinder or repair it. it is a k series with coil spring.
    i found an old flat spring cylinder for sale on a local auction site. will this cylinder fit my newer coil spring pistol? i have searched the numrich web site for this but it has been out of stock for a long time. jeff
  2. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

look in the numrich arms catalog (not the web site). they give information of what parts will interchange and what will not.

bill
  3. jamesjo

jamesjo New Member

I believe that Brownells sells a tool to " iron " the displaced metal back into shape. Moving it back should return it to shootable condition. Don't grind or file away the burrs. You should not have to replace the cylinder with any luck!
    jim