H&R 922 made in 1931 JIM Hauff ?????

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by goofy, Mar 19, 2011.

1. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

Hi jim This question is refering to my earlyer post .Well I have all the parts figured out except for the trigger spring how does it go in??? Does the flat end (open side of spring) set in(on) the trigger gard and the other end (the rounded part of the spring)fit into the front notch of the trigger??? thanks.........GOOFY :confused:
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
  2. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

Goofy,
    I think 45AUTO would be a better person to answer that - he's taken a bunch of the H&R's apart - I only polish the outsides and take the grip plates off. BUT, from a mechanical point of view - I believe that the open side (that would be the part with the most leverage) should engage/sit in the front notch in the trigger so that it forces the trigger to return to normal position?????

Check out the schematic/parts diagram for the Model 1904 (922 derived directly from this model - the schematic/parts diagram Numrich lists for the 922 is for the 2nd (modern) post 1952 model.
    http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Products.aspx?catid=7891
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2011