H&R and NEF 22 pistol parts question ?

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by flyingtiger85, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flyingtiger85

flyingtiger85 Well-Known Member

Why are parts to the h&r 22 pistols so plentiful and nef pistol parts aren't listed much at all online.The only thing you seem to see for sale reguarding nef's, are pistol grips.Nef 22's were manufactured much more recently.I have a nef R-93 9 shot 22 in perfect working order but what about years from now.Are h&r parts interchangable sometimes. H&R was bought out by NEF.I know with h&R 's, the first thing to go wrong is the trigger spring.I have the h&r 686,949 and 929.
  2. Old Gun Guy

Old Gun Guy Member

flyingtiger85,
    One of the reasons you don't see too many NEF parts advertised for sale is the fact that these guns don't need the parts yet. I have a complete line of new parts for the NEF revolvers including barrels, cylinder assemblies, factory grips, trigger guards, all internal parts, etc. and there is no call for them yet, so they just sit here. My son will inherit them when I croak, and hopefully he can find a demand for them by then.
    Old Gun Guy
  3. 219 zipper

219 zipper New Member

hi i have an h&R MODEL 999 SPORTSMAN i waswondering if you have the ejector in stock the star got messed up and i havn't been able to find a replacement
    thx
    Bill
  4. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

Here is the "timeline" for H&R Firearms that I have posted on another forum site. You can clearly see why NEF parts are less plentiful than either H&R Arms Co./Inc. or H&R 1871.

Here is the "timeline" for H&R - from info I just received from a VERY RELIABLE source. Jim Hauff

1871 Franklin Wesson & Gilbert Harringto start: WESSON & HARRINGTON
    1874 William Richardson buys out F. Wesson's interest, HARRINGTON & RICHARDSON formed.
    1888 Company name changed to HARRINGTON & RICHARDSON ARMS CO.
    1953 Company name changed to HARRINGTON & RICHARDSON, INC.
    1984 In December, H&R Inc. begins operating under Chap. 11 bankruptcy proceedings
    1986 In February, H&R Inc. ceases operations, having sold all finished goods, work in process, parts, etc
    1986 In December, FLAMBEAU CORP., an investment company, purchased some of the H&R, INC
    assets, including trade names, with no liabilities through a sale approved by the Bankruptcy Court.
    The land and buildings were not a part of the asset purchase as there was soil contamination.
    NEW ENGLAND FIREARMS CO., INC., a management company, was formed to lease the
    equipment held by FLAMBEAU and to produce and market firearms at Gardner, MA site.
    1987 In January, NEW ENGLAND FIREARMS CO., INC. began production of the "PARDNER", a single
    barrel shotgun. Later that year, NEF began producing single shot rifles and several
    handgun models.
    1991 A new corp., H&R 1871, INC. formed in June and purchased some of the assets from
    FLAMBEAU, later that year NEF CO. INC dissolved.
    Application to the US Patent Office was made and granted for registration of [NEW ENGLAND
    FIREARMS as a brand name. Products under that name are sold to distributors and mass
    merchants.
    H&R 1871, INC. applied for and was granted registration of the name HARRINGTON &
    RICHARDSON. This brand of "upscale" firearms is sold only through selected distributors and
    is exported widely around the world.
    1995 H&R 1871, INC introduced the WESSON & HARRINGTON brand of firearms, after
    brand name was registered and granted with/by US Patent Office.
    2000 On November 10, the MARLIN FIREARMS CO. purchased the assets of H&R 1871, INC.
    and the name was changed to H&R 1871, LLC - a wholly owned subsidiary of MARLIN.
    2008 April REMINGTON buys MARLIN, including H&R 1871, LLC.
    NEF Brand name dropped.
    Last edited: May 4, 2011
  5. River_Guy

River_Guy New Member

I have a H&R 929 and have been working on making target style grips for it since my hands are large and I have a hard time holding the small plastic grip junk.
    I know the 940 had grips that extended below the frame.. Would like others input . Photos of other grips made or bought.. I looked for aftermarket stuff and it's not there like other brands are.. It's always good to hear about other ideas , If you have been there and done that send me your photos of something . Thanks
  6. jamesjo

jamesjo New Member

River guy.
    Here is a pic of my 940 with the thumb rest target grips.
    Not sure if they will fit your 929.
    I only have a 929 snubbbie and I know the frames are different on those.
    If you like this style, and they will fit your 929, I do have an extra set of these

[​IMG]
  7. River_Guy

River_Guy New Member

Thanks Jamesjo.. Looks nice.. I am working on last touches to my custom project.
    It looks like these grips are only as long as the frame?
    Except for the vented rib and the extra back loop on the trigger guard this is my same gun.
    I hope to use some mahagony once I get the bugs out of my sample .
    Will post photo soon. Thanks
  8. ARMILITE

ARMILITE New Member

=========================================================
    Hey Old Gun Guy:

I got a N.E.F. R22 six shot revolver that uses the .22 WMRF. The guy I got it from took it apart to clean it and lost the small shoudler screw in the front of the frame, that holds the Swing-out arm in. He also lost the, I call it the ejector knob that sticks out the front, off the ejector. Does that screw on the ejector shaft or is it sodered on the small shaft? I don't have a parts drawing to give you part numbers. My e-mail is Armilite@aol.com if you can e-mail me. Thanks.

Rich Gillen
    3922 Minnetonka
    Ames, IA 50010
    515-233-4166(Home) I sleep in most morning, work nights.
  9. ARMILITE

ARMILITE New Member

Does the N.E.F. R22 .22 WMRF share any parts with any of the H&R .22 pistols. Thanks.

Rich Gillen
  10. pngunme

pngunme New Member

OldGunGuy... I know your Nov 2010 post is 2 years ago - but, you mentioned having NEF parts in that post. I'm looking for a cylinder for an NEF R92 9-shot .22LR revolver. if you have one and want to sell it... how much?

I just joined this board, so I could reply to your Nov 2010 post - now I need to figure out where to introduce myself as a new member.

Thanks! Danny
  11. Old Gun Guy

Old Gun Guy Member

12. Grandslam

Grandslam New Member

Old Gun Guy, I'm in the same boat as pngunme. I joined so I could get in touch with you.

A coworker of mine has lost the cylinder crane pin for his NEF R92, and he mentioned selling me the gun. So, I'm looking for a pin. Would you happen to have one?

If not would you know if it takes a pin with or without a head? Looking at the gun it looks like it would not have a head on the pin as there is no shoulder for it to rest against. I've seen a headed and non headed pin listed for the H&R revolvers.

Thanks
  13. Old Gun Guy

Old Gun Guy Member

14. Piccolosworx

Piccolosworx New Member

Old gun guy. I'm looking for a part for a NEF 92. Would you be able to help me out? Thanks. My mail on here doesn't seem to be working, if so could you send a message to ********@gmail.com

Mike piccolo
    928 *** 5650
  15. Old Gun Guy

Old Gun Guy Member

Email sent.