H & R Arms 22 Revolver 7 Shot info

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by hilljoe2, Feb 23, 2008.

1. rgiampaoli

rgiampaoli New Member

I received a model 923 sn m72260 from my father in law. The cylinder is a 9 shot cylinder and not the original. Can someone help with ideas where to find an original cylinder? I tried *********.com, gunpartscorp.com, and gun-parts.com (bobs).

Also, it looks like from other posts the value is about $150 at 100%-is that right?
    Ray
  2. bonetyred

bonetyred New Member

My son in law inherited a small barrel, nickel plated, 7 shot 22 marked H & R Arms Co. Worchester Mass. on top and serial inside 309870
    He is big on guns,loves them like crazy and wants to restore it. Any ideas on age and where I can get him the disassembly and reassembly instructions. He's disabled and being able to restore it will make his year. Thanks
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  3. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

rglampaoli,
    You're just gonna have to keep searching - for that cyliner - I'm assuming you're looking for a chrome or nickel plated cylinder but have a blued one????
    With a mismatched cylinder your gun is not 100% - it is considered a "shooter" so some where around $100 is reasonable RETAIL value - it it works and shoots well.
  4. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

bonetyred,
    I love a mystery. Let's work through what you have there: it's a 7 shot .22 with company name and address on top of barrel - that leads me to believe it is a small hinged frame revolver with autoejecting feature. This would make it a PREMIER model.
    If so, the serial number puts it into the late 1920's - early 1930's era - BUT - H&R made some major changes to frame and mechanicals during that time, so a little better ID will need to be done to ensure getting the correct parts.
    Check the attached pic - does it it look like the ones pictured?

IMG_1994_2.jpg
  5. bonetyred

bonetyred New Member

looks similar to the picture of bottom one marked 3" barrel, but not quite It's still different. I am going to get a picture of it and upload it.
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  6. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

bonetyred,
    Good!
  7. birddogo1e

birddogo1e New Member

Just picked up an H&R VICTOR 22 CAL RF as stamped in two lines on the backstrap (Pic #1&3). The serial # 606XX is stamped on the bottom of the grip frame under the left grip and again on the outside bottom of the grip frame (Pic #2). There are no other markings or stamps anywhere. It is nickle plated with blued trigger guard, trigger, and hammer. The round barrel measures 1 15/16" from the front of the 7-chambered cylinder. There are three small blemish areas in the nickle plating one just behind the hammer (1/8 X 3/16"), one 1/4 X 1/8 on the right side between the cylinder rod and the front trigger guard pin, and one 3/16 X 1/8 just left of center in front of cylinder rod on barrel. There is no flaking anywhere and would estimate 95%+ of V G plating overall. SA and DA both work well and cylinder lockup is very good. Rifling is sharp and chambers look VG. It is definately a shooter and maybe more. Could this be one of the "no name" pistols? Also, based on the SN would estimate it was made in 1916-1917 per rational used in other posts. Someone bobbed the hammer (Safety hammer style) and the grips are chipped. Per Numrich these parts are in stock and will be in the mail as soon as payment is received. Gotta order other parts for H&R and IJs I'm rejuvenating (spelling?) and just checking list for completeness. Are my ID and "made" estimates correct? Thanks for any comments.

Geezer in Dayton

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  8. howmar

howmar New Member

I too have a question , I have a New England Firearms 5 shot .38 S&W hammerless, breaktop revolver, S/N 46041 ? from under the grips. can any one tell me it"s age? no markings on side of barrel, or pat dates
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2012