H&R Auto Eject 32 S&W CTGE

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by BlueDragonLair, Jun 19, 2013.

1. BlueDragonLair

BlueDragonLair Member

Hi, Found this forum while trying to find info/parts.
    Sorry, I don't have any pictures or know how to post them here.
    Here is what is on gun:
    Top of barrel:
    Harrington & Richardson Arms Company Worcester Mass USA
    Pat. May 14 & Aug. 6, 89 April 2, 95 April 7, 98

Left side:
    AUTO. Ejecting 32 S.&W. CTGE

Story is back in 1990's a family friend found two handguns when cleaning out an old house. She gave me both of them and I put them up and never thought about them til yesterday while cleaning out some junk in our garage.
    My wife thinks it looks "cute" and wanted me to see if it could be fixed.

I found some threads, but can't find a diagram and parts listing. I went to a link found in one of the threads here but only part listed was grips. This one has a good set. Anyway, I know it needs a trigger and guard.
    Any assistance and guidance will be appreciated.
    "Thank you!"
  2. BlueDragonLair

BlueDragonLair Member

I don't know much about guns, never looked at "top-break" before.
    But found picture in older thread with info on removing cylinder so started by removing it and cleaning it, today.

Noticed I didn't post serial number in first post: 148240.

Gone to link in others post to "Numrich" for parts but I still can't figure out which Schematic or parts list I need.
    I really would appreciate any assistance or guidance that could be provided.
    Thanks!
  3. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

You'll need to post some pictures BleuDraginLair - and welcome to the forum.

The H&R can probably be fixed but, keep in mind that with that last patent date it is a black powder cartridge pistol made somewhere around 1898-1900. Finding ammo is possible though a little pricey. Do NOT shoot the pistol before you have a gunsmith check it and never fire the more modern smokeless 32 S&W ammo with it.

There are some places that do have parts for them, but we have to see a photo to know what model it is. Also, we need a pic to see the condition and whether or not it's even worth fixing. These pistols do not have a high market value but they are an interesting piece of history.
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  4. BlueDragonLair

BlueDragonLair Member

WHSmithIV, "Thank you!" for replying and the information. I did not realize the gun was that old til read your post. Never thought about it would need black powder. Maybe, that's why it was so dirty between the cylinder, ejector and frame. It took acouple different soakings of cleaner with several times brushing before could get it clean. The rest of gun was already clean, even barrel was already clean.
    Pictures, I read the forum info posted about placing pictures here. Seems easy enough but will take me a few days, need to find a camera.
    "Thank you!"
  5. BlueDragonLair

BlueDragonLair Member

Sorry, It took awhile before found camera. Finally got some pictures. They are not very good but best I could do.

Engraved on frame:
    Top of barrel:
    Harrington & Richardson Arms Company Worcester Mass USA
    Pat. May 14 & Aug. 6, 89 April 2, 95 April 7, 98

Left side:
    AUTO. Ejecting 32 S.&W. CTGE

Serial Number: 148240.

I checked Numrich for parts. But I could really use assistance on which parts list I need. Like I posted earlier I know little about firearms but like to try to repair it.
    "Thank you" for any assistance and advice ya'll might offer. I do appreciate it!

Attached Files: