1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

H&R Break Top Revolver Help

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by RussHogFan, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Bluegrass

Bluegrass New Member

Hello Jim,
    I posted about my Sportsman, now here is the break top that was handed down from grandfather to dad then to me.
    I see there are vairations in trigger guard shape, trigger shape and back strap shapes so can't pin a date of mfger yet..
    The barrel top has the following Pat dates.
    Oct 4 87, APR 2 95 and APR 7 96.
    No cal marking I beleive makes it a black power era.
    Ser #076xx with matching 5 shot cylinder in 32 SW short.
    3" barrel.
    Traditional black grips with the targets each side.
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  2. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

Bluegrass,
    Howdy, again, neighbor.
    You have a 1st Model PREMIER small-frame auto ejecting 3rd Variation (1897-'98). Blued trigger guard indicates manufacture in late '97 or early '98 - definition of change from nickel to blue is not firmly established. It IS made for BLACK POWDER as you surmised - without the cartridge stamp on the left side of barrel.
    If the pictures are representative - that piece is in EXC condition and very collectible, although in "standard" format. Current RETAIL should be in the $275 - $285 range. Very nice looking gun AND has some real generational heritage value - a keeper for sure.
  3. Bluegrass

Bluegrass New Member

Thank you Jim, for the info.
    As a side comment, I to do this sort of thing on 3 car/truck boards involving Fords and beleive me it's much tougher handleing all the different kind of posters and trying to help them by remote, with their issues.
    Good luck, I enjoy all the info that comes about here on these boards.
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012