H&R Break Top Revolver Help

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by RussHogFan, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Bluegrass

Bluegrass New Member

Hello Jim,
    I posted about my Sportsman, now here is the break top that was handed down from grandfather to dad then to me.
    I see there are vairations in trigger guard shape, trigger shape and back strap shapes so can't pin a date of mfger yet..
    The barrel top has the following Pat dates.
    Oct 4 87, APR 2 95 and APR 7 96.
    No cal marking I beleive makes it a black power era.
    Ser #076xx with matching 5 shot cylinder in 32 SW short.
    3" barrel.
    Traditional black grips with the targets each side.
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  2. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

Bluegrass,
    Howdy, again, neighbor.
    You have a 1st Model PREMIER small-frame auto ejecting 3rd Variation (1897-'98). Blued trigger guard indicates manufacture in late '97 or early '98 - definition of change from nickel to blue is not firmly established. It IS made for BLACK POWDER as you surmised - without the cartridge stamp on the left side of barrel.
    If the pictures are representative - that piece is in EXC condition and very collectible, although in "standard" format. Current RETAIL should be in the $275 - $285 range. Very nice looking gun AND has some real generational heritage value - a keeper for sure.
  3. Bluegrass

Bluegrass New Member

Thank you Jim, for the info.
    As a side comment, I to do this sort of thing on 3 car/truck boards involving Fords and beleive me it's much tougher handleing all the different kind of posters and trying to help them by remote, with their issues.
    Good luck, I enjoy all the info that comes about here on these boards.
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012