H&R Defender 38 (& relatives) Research

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Lanrezac, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

2. Grumpyautoman

Grumpyautoman New Member

www.[ATTACH]68527.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]68528.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]68529.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]68530.vB[/ATTACH]@hotmail.com

I'm trying to attach some photos Grumpyautoman!!!!!!!!
  3. Grumpyautoman

Grumpyautoman New Member

[ATTACH]68531.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]68532.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]68533.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]68534.vB[/ATTACH]

I think i'm finally getting it !!! Sorry there so big grumpyautoman (Jim)
  4. Grumpyautoman

Grumpyautoman New Member

Derender 38 (2) 004.jpg

Derender 38 (2) 018.jpg

Derender 38 (2) 019.jpg

Here are a few more Grumpyautoman
  5. Grumpyautoman

Grumpyautoman New Member

To hrf; thanks I thing I'm getting it finally. I'll try to get some better pics(smaller too!!!!!!!!) Thanks again Jim (grumpyautoman)
  6. knight0334

knight0334 Active Member

I was doing a search for images and such about the H&R 925 and discovered this thread.. ...I noticed Jim Hauff had responded with info, and that there had been replies to it recently.

I just wanted to let you all know that Jim Hauff(aka 32 Magnum at other sites) passed away on Oct 12th of this year.

Link to his obituary - http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/mcall/obituary.aspx?n=james-hauff&pid=160464010#fbLoggedOut
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  7. bobkraft1

bobkraft1 New Member

Mr Hauff, I have a Defender 38 serial number 11594 that I inherited that is identical to the NIB example from your pictures early in this thread. It appears you have the paperwork as well. I see others have scanned and sent you information for your files. I would like to get a copy of the instruction sheet and any other literature you might have for this revolver as I have not been able to find anything on other websites. I am a new member so I do not know how to go about this, but let me know and I will provide my email address. Thanks for any help.
  8. bobkraft1

bobkraft1 New Member

I just read some of the last postings that Mr Hauff passed away. What a shame. He certainly appeared to be an expert on the H&R Defender 38 that I inherited. I was hoping to get some literature from him and he appeared to be a helpful person from his posts. I guess I will keep searching for someone else that might have such info.
  9. Bigmac4665

Bigmac4665 New Member

Hi Jim, I acquired a pair of defenders that were originally purchased by the kansas highway patrol to be issued to officers. However as you may know, the 357 magnum came out before these were issued and the defenders went in a vault. They are in the original packing grease, and are sequential serial numbers. I may be looking to sell them in the near future and you seemed like a good guy to ask about possible value.
  10. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Jim passed away 10/12/2012.