1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

H&R Double Action Model 1905

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by nyoung, Jan 3, 2012.

1. nyoung

nyoung New Member

This was my mom's little gun. I know it's very old, but I can't find another on the internet. I called H&R and they told me they couldn't tell me much because a fire had burned all the records from that era. Does anyone recognize this? Description: SN# 77172, Barrel says H&R Double Action and S&W CTCE, Model 1905 30 caliber.

I have attached a picture.

Attached Files:

2. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

nyoung,
    Welcome to the forum.
    Your Model 1905 was made between 1905 and 1941. Not many were made and they were all one variation - there were no easily discernable differences or improvements during the era of manufacture. Originally intended as the H&R "medium sized" solid frame replacement for the obsolete YOUNG AMERIC DOUBLE ACTION (medium solid frame, also),
    the 1905/05 never gained much interest and not many are seen in the market. Blue finish as well as Nickel plated finish were offered with 3", 4 1/2", 5" and maybe 6" barrels, standard size or extended wrap around black hard rubber grips or checkered walnut. This model was ONLY offered in .32 S&W/.32 S&W Long. No known "spin-off" models have been seen.
    Your s/n seems to be high in the series, indicating production in the mid to late 1930s - not enough info available to get any closer.
    In the condition as evidenced by the pic, with blued finish and 4 1/2" barrel, your 1905 would currently sell AT RETAIL in the $140 to $170 range. It is capable of handling any current factory .32 S&W or ...LONG ammo, if in safe condition to shoot.
    A Fairly scarce item.

IMG_0964.jpg

IMG_0975.jpg