H&R Identification 38 Top Break 5 shot

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by colsar, Aug 18, 2012.

1. colsar

colsar New Member

Aug 18, 2012
    I have a Harrington & Richardson revolver I got from my Grandfather. I searched the forums and did not find a match for this one to figure out the model and age.

Top break
    6 digit Serial number (330xxx) is under the cylinder AND the bottom of the hand grip (they match)
    5 shot revolver
    5" barrel
    Pearl Grips

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks,
    Joe

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  2. colsar

colsar New Member

Aug 18, 2012

3. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Hi colsar,

You are not being deliberately ignored: It's because we don't know, and there are no good published H&R references yet.

Experts Bill Goforth and Jim Hauff have both passed away, and the H&R book they jointly prepared is supposedly pending publication, but until then your best source are the past replies by Bill and Jim on this board.

4. colsar

colsar New Member

Aug 18, 2012
    HRF,

Thanks for the reply! I'm saddened to hear about the loss of the forum experts and am glad they were able to collaborate on a a book together. I dug around pretty good before posting and couldn't quite pin this one down.

I will continue to search.

Thanks again,
    Joe

5. Old Gun Guy

Old Gun Guy Member

Apr 6, 2008
    N. Utah
    colsar,
    I believe that you have an automatic ejecting, third model, third variation manufactured in 1913-1915. It designed for modern smokeless powder cartridges.
    It is in very nice condition, and would bring $225.00 +/- on the major gun auction sites. Although H&R offered MOP grips as a factory upgrade, I believe the ones shown are aftermarket due to the fact that they don't fit exactly as they should.
    I hope my info is correct.
    Old Gun Guy

6. colsar

colsar New Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Thanks Old Gun Guy!