1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

H&R M12 Target Rifle Stock

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by sputnik, Nov 30, 2007.

1. sputnik

sputnik New Member

Hi all-

I'm looking for a stock for my H&R M12 target rifle. I'm looking for one that's unfinished, inletted for the action and barrel, for prone and offhand shooting. Preferably a thumbhole style.

I'm really having trouble finding one for this rifle.

I placed an order in mid-May with Elk Ridge, and was quoted 8-12 weeks. I waited 18 weeks before I called and was told they would 'push it'. Anyway, I just contacted them and was told they couldn't tell me when they would ship. He actually told me he might never ship it. Wouldn't even tell me what the problem was! He kept pushing me to cancel the order, so I did.

I called him back an hour later to say that I'd be willing to wait, and he claimed that he'd already credited my debit card. Hasn't shown up on my account yet. I hope I don't have a problem with that, too.

A waste of over six months of my time. Absolutely the worst transaction I have ever had. Not remotely trustworthy. Run Away!:mad:

Anyway, rant over. If anyone knows of a reliable supplier of a stock for this rifle, I'd appreciate the info.

TIA
    Rich R.
  2. stash247

stash247 New Member

Bro, your H&R M-12, and the Winchester M-52 with a 'Bull' Barrel, share a lot of common features, and should, because one is a clone of the other!
    Want a 'serious' money stock, call Gale McMillan, and order it; he delivers,'on time', all the time!
    I'll bet if yopu cruise e-bay, auction arms, Gun broker.com,(no space between words) and similar sites, you can find a used stock, (yes, it may take a bit of bedding, or relief) for fifty bucks or less.
    But, when you are done, it will be 'your' rifle, and you will know it, intimately, which is a 'GOOD THING'.
    I will tell you, and all, here and now, that the time and trouble it took, to re-contour a barrel, and put a once 'Benchrest' Rem 40-X, into a mcMillan 'Sporter' Woodgrain' Composite stock, with all the accuracy it had, with the 'big' barrel, were small in comparison to the satisfaction it gives, spanking 'target rifles', at the club!
    The 52 stock will be a near 'drop in'!
    Hope this helps!
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  3. TheJakster2

TheJakster2 New Member

Might try this place. A friend of mine used them, they have all different types and grades. Told him 8 weeks and it delivered in about that time.
    They list 96% inletting on a Winchester M52, with a phone call you could probably find out about the H & R. Friend got a laminated thumbhole and it was great, minor amount of sanding to finish.

http://rifle-stocks.com/actions_available.htm

Jake