H&R MODEL 1906 22 CAL. RIMFIRE AGE AND VALUE????

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by reitzer, Feb 2, 2010.

1. reitzer

reitzer New Member

HELLO, I HAVE AN H AND R MODEL 1906 22 CAL RIMFIRE 7 SHOT REVOLVER PISTOL THAT I INHERETED FROM MY BEST FREIND. THE CYLYNDER IS A LITTLE LOOSE, AND IT STICKS, ITS ABOUT MAYBE 90 PERCENT COMPLETE AS IT DOES NOT HAVE THE SITE IN THE BARREL AND THE HANDLES ARE NOT ORIGINAL, IS THERE ANYWAY YOU CAN GIVE ME AN IDEA OF HOW OLD THIS PISTOL MAY BE AND THE VALUE OF IT. I TRIED TO LOAD A PICTURE OF IT BUT IT WOULDN'T WORK. THANKS VERY MUCH
    ERIC REITZER
  2. RJay

RJay Active Member

If you use the search features of this forum, type in H&R revolver, read some of the posts, you will see what information is needed to correctly identify your revolver. Too much infomation is never enough.:)
  3. RJay

RJay Active Member

If you use the search features of this forum, type in H&R revolver, read some of the posts, you will see what information is needed to correctly identify your revolver. Too much information is never enough.:) However I can tell you that with missing parts, non original grips, and not working properly , it has to be considered in poor condition. Value will not be very high
  4. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

It was made sometime between 1907 and 1941 - serial number will help narrow that down a bit. Value in condition described: less than 65 bucks - mainly as a curio or parts gun. This model doesn't seem to generate much collector or shooter interest even in good to excellent condition - haven't seen one exceed $200.
  5. GovGeo

GovGeo New Member

I just got the same 1906 H&R seven shot with a 6 inch barrel and it has pearl handles. The chamber is a little loose in the firing position. The barrel is measured from the chamber to the end of the barrel also the barrel is a octigon barrel. I did find someone listing one for sale saying the seven shot was rare and wanted $550. for the gun BUT! that was his words and I don't remember wher I saw it. I think if you search parts for 1906 22 H&R you will find the place I found that has many parts and each legnth of gun barrel causes the gun to have a different name on that site. For what it is worth that is all I know or saw printed.
  6. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

Seven shot was standard on the Model 1906.
  7. GJNOLL

GJNOLL New Member

I have an H & R Model 1906 .22 cal 7 shot double action revolver with 6" six sided barrel. It looks all origianl, Serial number is 111970. Looks like walnut wooden grips.
    What is it's approximate worth?
  8. GJNOLL

GJNOLL New Member

That is an eight (8) sided barrell. Sorry!
  9. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

GJ -
    The Model 1906 (small frame, 7 shot .22rf) doesn't seem to generate a lot of collector interest - UNLESS - it is in mint/excellent+/NIB condition or dressed-up as the "TRAPPER MODEL" or "HUNTER MODEL" (both are barrel length and stamping variants). Your piece is probably Nickel plated??? Anyway - the grip panels and 6" barrel help generate a bit more interest - in 100% condition - current RETAIL value hovers around $180; down to $75 in fair condition.

IMG_1025_2.jpg