h & r model 732

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by aapk, Dec 24, 2010.

1. aapk

aapk New Member

Question? I have a h & r model 732 s&w. It is my understanding I can shoot a 32 s&w, or s&wL. Is that right, and will the 32 auto or 32 magnum work in this gun? What would be the correct bullet for this gun with the most punch.

Thanks
  2. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

aapk,
    Your H&R 732 was DESIGNED to handle .32 S&W and .32 S&W Long cartridges. It will not chamber the .32 H&R Magnum (cartridge is too long) and although the .32ACP semi-rimmed cartridge will chamber and fire - it is not recommended. The magnum and ACP rounds have much higher chamber pressures than the old S&W rounds. I'm sure you'll get a few responses from folks who have fired the ACP rounds in their guns - but IMHO - each of those fired is analogous to firing a "PROOF" round in the M732 - how many 'til it fails ???? I wouldn't want to find out, personally.
  3. aapk

aapk New Member

Thanks Jim,

I appreciate your response, I will use the 32 s&w long.

Thanks again for your time and knowledge.
  4. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

aapk,
    You're welcome, sir. And - thanks for thanking.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS