The Firearms Forum banner

H & R model 922 trigger not resetting

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Old Gun Guy 
#1 ·
Ok, got a P series model 922 that I'm putting together. It came in minus all the internals and the son wants it back working since it is father's. Got it back together with Numrich parts. It works now (after having to make a new spring for the lever) but the trigger will not reset. It seems that something, lever and spring or lifter appear to be dragging. You can cock the hammer back about 3/16" and the hammer pops forward. For that reason I don't think(though i've gotten into trouble doing that) it is the trigger spring. Anyone have experience with this model and have any suggestions?

#2 ·
J. Hawk,
"You can cock the hammer back about 3/16" and the hammer pops forward." Did you mean to say that the trigger pops forward? If so, the problem is that your trigger return spring is slightly too long. Trim back the upper leg of the return spring ever so slightly until it allows the trigger to fully reset.
Old Gun Guy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.