H&R model 929

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by xxxpez, Sep 13, 2009.

1. xxxpez

xxxpez New Member

My dad has a H&R Model 929 serial #AH 3452 and was wondering how old it was as it was passed down to him. I am not to familiar with H&R and as I was searching for decoder a member of this forum kept poping up Mr. Bill Goforth. Reading a few of his posts here it sounds like his brain is the serial # decoder. So, Mr. Goforth I am sure you can tell more about this probally than the family member who passed it on to my father and I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance and hello to all here.

Thanks, Justin
  2. jamesjo

jamesjo New Member

xxx,
    The AH prefix of your model 929 = 1971 manufacture.
  3. xxxpez

xxxpez New Member

Thanks for the help.
  4. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

just to show i am not the only one with H&R information jim has given you the correct information concerning the date of manufacture.
    bill
  5. jamesjo

jamesjo New Member

What Bill has failed to mention, is that my very limited H&R knowledge is due to reading his posts on various forums, reading his H&R section in the Blue Book, and asking him questions on forums.
    So actually, alot my info still comes from picking Bill's brain.
    Probably about 45% from Bill's writing, 45% from Jim Hauff's endless tutoring, and a paltry 10%, that I have learned, working with my own H&R's!
    Thanks, BILL and JIM!!!
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2009