H & R Parts

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by dirttrackdemon, Nov 10, 2007.

1. dirttrackdemon

dirttrackdemon New Member

My great-great grandfather was a US Deputy Marshal under Parker, at FT. Smith in the 1880's. I have his boot gun which is a .32 H & R. I have no desire to fire the gun, but it is missing some pieces. The gun is a double action, top break. The paul that turns the cylinder is missing. I would like to get maybe the main body of the gun(no barrell or cylinder). Does anyone have something they can part with?

Thank you in advance for any help.

William Nash
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi William......welcome to TFF.

If you know exactly which model of H&R revolver you have, you can probably find the parts you need here: http://www.e-gunparts.com/model.asp?idDept=101

If you're not exactly sure which model you have, I suggest you post in our "Ask The Pro's" Forum: http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6 with a title something like "H&R Revolver help!"

Give a complete description of the gun, including the serial # and all of the writing on it, exactly as it's written.

Also, if you can post some pictures of it, full length, right and left sides it will help.

Our resident expert on H&R's, Bill Goforth, will come along and tell you exactly what you've got. You can then go to the Numrich/GunParts site (above) and order the parts you need.

If you can't find the parts you need at Numrich/GunParts, try here: http://www.gun-parts.com/harringtonrichardson/

Good Luck......:)
  3. dirttrackdemon

XRACER-Thanks for the reply. This gun doesn't have a model # on it. The first patent date is 1882. It does have a serial # though. I will get a friend to take some pictures of it and post them. I know this revolver is worth 0, but it has history. Again thank you for the reply.

Regards to all,

William Nash
  4. dirttrackdemon

Pics are on the way. Got some additional information. I was slightly wrong on the pat. date. May 14 & Aug 6, 1889. Auto Ejecting 32 S & W CTG? could be a F. Ser. # 159129. I hope to post pics Friday morning.

Regards, Bill
  5. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

with the model name and caliber marked on the left side of the barrel this is a third model (1905-1941). the third model was manufactured for smokeless powder cartridge pressures. i supect this revolver was purchased latter in great great-grandfather's life. wyatt earp was know to carry an H&R 32 in his latter days.

i will wait for pictures before confirming exact variation but i supect this is a third model first varialtion (1905-1908) and a serial numer of 159129 would put it about 1908.
    bill
  6. dirttrackdemon

Got some pics, finely. I'll see if I can post them. Some of them are not very good, did the best I could.

Attached Files:

7. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

confirmed it is a large frame third model first variation auto-ejecting model manufactured in 1908, plus or minus a year or two. with out factory records any date is only an educated guess based on observation of actual revolver in the different variation and other serial number observed with in those variations.

hope this helps.
    bill
  8. dirttrackdemon

All that info is nice to know, but I still need a source for parts.
  9. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Someone gave you the gunparts link. I'll give you one more and it my favorite. www.jackfirstgun.com

If Jack has the part, you will get it quick unlike Numrich who will probably back order until they actually have the part. I hate having my money held up for a few months waiting for a part.