H & R Revolver 5 shot cylinder

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by AZ Sunfarer, Oct 2, 2009.

1. AZ Sunfarer

AZ Sunfarer New Member

I have an H & R break top revolver with a 5 shot cylinder. The pistol grips are floral design. The left grip is black and the right grip has sun faded to brown. The barrel is 3 ½”. The extractor is automatic. The serial number is 7393 (the 9 is best guess) no letter with the number. The number on the cylinder and extractor is 93. The top of the barrel is marked Harrington and Richardson Arms Company Worcester, Mass USA PATD Oct 4th 1887.

The revolver was in an open frame with a Constable badge and may have be displayed where sunlight shone on it everyday. I acquired this pistol at a garage sale in Arizona. The pistol and badge in the photo belonged to W. H. Roberts the first Constable in Boise, Idaho. There is a note attached to the back of the frame stating that information. The people running the garage sale knew nothing about the history of the pistol or badge.

The pistol appears to be in good condition for its age. I would like to know any information about the pistol that anyone can give me and a guess as to value would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

AUTOMATIC EJECTING FIRST MODEL TOP BREAK REVOLVER
    (BLACK POWDER)-----------------------------------------------1885-1889
    Auto-ejecting mechanism, Calibers 32 S&W, 6 shot cylinder capacity, 38 S&W caliber 5 shot cylinder capacity, hard rubber grip panels with Floral design, 3¼ inch barrel length, Modified American Double Action mechanism and frame, nickel finish,
    First Variation marked on top of barrel with company name and address only and two guide rods for ejector----1885-1886
    Second Variation patent date 10-4-87 marked on top of barrel along with company name and address, extractor does not have extra guide rods--1887-1889
    VALUE: 100%=$325 60%=$125 add 30% premium for 1st Variation

this is this the second variation manufactured between 1887 and 1889. i have no information on the badge or the person who's name is own it
    bill
  3. AZ Sunfarer

AZ Sunfarer New Member

Thank you for the information.