H&R shotgun with scope base

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by okie headhunter, Dec 14, 2011.

1. okie headhunter

okie headhunter New Member

i was at a gun shop today and they had a new H&R 12ga brack action with a scope base on it. there were no screws or anything. it was a standard barreland the chamber walls were about 3/16 thick. how did they do that?
  2. StoneChimney

StoneChimney New Member

The Ultra Slug Hunter, etc, are drilled and tapped for the included scope base.
  3. okie headhunter

this was a regular barrel not rifled. i looked all over the base and in the chammber no screws.
  4. StoneChimney

StoneChimney New Member

I can't find any such model in the H&R/Marlin/NEF listings. Believe that might not be a 'new' gun and that somebody has epoxied a scope base on it.
  5. okie headhunter

that is probaly what it was. i couldn't find any thing eather. would epoxey hold a scope base?
  6. StoneChimney

StoneChimney New Member

For a while, maybe.