The Firearms Forum banner

H&R Sportsman 999 6"

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  stash247 
#1 ·
Hello,

I am new to this great site.

I have the aforementioned pistol and am inquiring about the date of manufacture. The serial number is AY125620.

Thank you,
Tom

#3 ·
H&R used the letter codes "AY" in 1982. model 999's of this era appear on the auction sites quite often and depending on condition will usually bring between $200 (60%) to $300 plus (like new in the box). H&R revolvers of the 1960's 70's and 80's are valued more for their ability as a shooter than collectors staus.
bill

#4 ·
I'm also looking for some info on the Sportsman. My wife and I recently moved into her grandmothers house after she passed away. I found the revolver in her sock drawer and I know nothing about it...I don't even know if it's ever been fired. This will actually be the first gun I've owned. The serial number is AU147710.

By the way...great forum!

#6 ·
My late Uncle favored the H&R for road hunting, from his truck; he shot at least three starboard side windows out of it, with the revolver, of which I am certain, because I was sitting in the truck, next to the windows, when they exploded, from his shots!
Just the same, I have 'fetched' a lot of gamebirds, and such, for that old hillbilly, and deer, as well, that fell to that .22 revolver, and they all made good table fare.
Uncle Kink liked his a lot; It's in my safe, today.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.