h&r sportsman and 929

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by sanders4113, Oct 22, 2009.

1. sanders4113

sanders4113 New Member

I bought a sports man for 79 dollars, pitted in spots but excellent action.
    The serial number starts with 622, I think the last numbers are 99. Single walnut grip DA, does anyone know around when it was made?

2nd i looked at a 929 maybe a 922... h&r, it has a side port to load or eject shells but does not have a half cock to spin the cylinder to eject shells... is that typical of the gun or is it broken? Action is great and cylinder lock up is tight It has around 95% blueing as well. So is the gun broken or not made with a half cock to spins the cylinder, i was told that the ejector rod had to be taken out and used to eject spent rounds that were stuck but this did not sound right. any help would be great. thanks
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  2. jamesjo

jamesjo New Member

If the 2nd revolver you speak of is indeed a model 922, your friend is correct.
    You must remove the pin, and cylinder. Then reinsert the pin in the middle hole of cylinder again, push, and spent cartridges are ejected,