The Firearms Forum banner

H&R Top break hammerless 7-shot 22 rimfire revolver 2" barrel blued

6K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Lanrezac 
#1 ·
Hi. Thanks for looking at this. Inherited from my wife's 86 year old uncle. I think it belonged originally to HIS father. It is fully functional. The only blueing that is missing is right at the muzzle. Someone used the butt (lightly) for a hammer once, as there are small dings and dents in the wood and metal near the serial number, which is 4204. Photos follow.
Firearm Gun Trigger Revolver Starting pistol
Gun Revolver Shotgun Metal Steel
Shotgun Revolver
Firearm Gun Trigger Revolver Gun accessory
Auto part
Revolver Shotgun Metal
Leather Metal
Buckle Belt Fashion accessory

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
H&R Small Frame Hammerless 2nd Model "Bicycle" Model(because of the short barrel).

The font for the name/address matches up to a 5th variation(1915), but the serial number doesn't quite match up with a 5th. It is more like a 1st variation(1905-1906). ....unless the "Bicycle" Model used it's own serial number range, which is kinda doubtful because they both used the same receiver.

The grips aren't original.

I'd put it in the $180-$205 range for value, $10-$20 more if it had original type grips. But of course your local area's inflation, supply/demand, and buyer's desire may cause a variance in value.

#8 ·
Nice little gun, and in good condition for its age and caliber. (22 pistols tended to get shot to pieces, because the ammunition was so cheap and readily available.) It is easy to find both original and reproduction grips if you want them; Ebay is a good place to start.

I think H&R called this small size the Premier. Even if that only applies to the late models, people may use it in their auction descriptions. The very late ones did not have the frame indented for the grips, so I am not sure if they are interchangeable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.