H&R Top Breaks

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by cbourbeau32, Dec 22, 2009.

1. cbourbeau32

cbourbeau32 New Member

Hello all, I am new here. Found this forum by searching for info on a couple of H&R top breaks that I just bought. The first one is a 38 caliber with a 6" barrel with no markings except the patent dates on the top of the barrel. I will post pictures of it and the 32 S&W soon to see if I can get help identifying it.

The second one is a 32 S&W CTGE with a 3 1/4" barrel serial # 3609xx. The top of the barrel says: Harrington & Richardson Arms Co. Worchester, MASS. U.S.A. The gun has I would say 70%-80% of the blueing remaining. Very clean bore with just a few pit marks. A couple of cylinders have a few pit marks. I paid $80 out the door for both guns. Both need a little work to be shooters. I am curious which model the 32 S&W is so I can start looking for parts. Like I said earlier I will post pictures of both so I can see about information on the 38 caliber. Thanks in advance for any replies. Charlie

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  2. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

i will need the pictures to tell for sure but i believe the 32 S&W is a large frame third model auto-ejector and the other one is a second model large frame. when you post the pictures i can give you more information.
    bill
  3. cbourbeau32

cbourbeau32 New Member

Thanks Bill. We are going out of town in the morning until Saturday. I'll get pictures posted soon.
  4. cbourbeau32

cbourbeau32 New Member

Bill do you know what model number the gun might be if it is a third model auto eject?
  5. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

yes there is a good possiblillity it is a third model.
    bill
  6. cbourbeau32

cbourbeau32 New Member

Bill you asked me to post pictures so you could help me identify these two guns. The top one is of the no serial number/no caliber designation 38 caliber. I assume it is a black powder version. The bottom picture is of the 32 S&W CTGE. I am attempting to order replacemnt parts from Numerich so any model info would help so I know which schematic to look at on their parts breakdown page. Thanks to anyone for their assistance. Charlie
  7. cbourbeau32

cbourbeau32 New Member

Anyone have a chance to look at the pictures yet?
  8. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

no caliber designation of the left side of the barrel indicates this is a second model manufactured between 1890 and 1904. on this model the main serial number location is on the barrel top strap just a above the cylinder. please open the revolver and remove the cylinder to see this number. shold be able to give a little model info with the serial number.
    bill