H&R Trapper model

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by popeye6669, Feb 19, 2008.

1. popeye6669

popeye6669 New Member

I was just given a H&R 22rimfire revolver ser.#117### with a octagon BBL.
    I know nothing about this weapon,could anyone fill me in? Value,year,etc.
  2. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

the H&R 'Trapper Model" was manufactured between 1924 and 1941. it was only offered one way, 6 inch octagon barrel and two piece oversize walnut grips. there are no known serial number records for preWWII H&R models. the "Trapper" does appear to be in the same serial number series as its parent model the "Model 1906". these number appear to be a single series starting at 01 and going up. the lowest serial number i have recorded (so far) on a "trapper" is 108999. your serial number in the 117000 range was most likely manufactured before 1930.

value will depend on the exact condition and will vary greatly between $40 poor condition the $250 plus for 99%condition. because of the age of the "trapper model" it would probably be best to limit your firing of it to 22 short rimfire standard velocity ammo.
    bill
  3. Onager

Onager New Member

I have one of these myself, inherited it from my father. He used it for target practice and also used it in the city (Pittsburgh, PA) back when I was a kid to chase away dogs that would howl at streetlights. He worked a 2nd shift at USS Steel and the neighborhood dogs would keep him from going to sleep. it is in poor condition, maybe a shade better than that, serial: #144,xxxx
  4. longtimeshooter

longtimeshooter New Member

Hi I am trying to find a schematic parts diagram on the web for a 2 inch 1906 H & R 7 SHOT revolver Serial number 94xxx and or some imformation on it. I was given this pistol, the chamber has been welded up as has the barrel, it seems to be missing a part that selects the next chamber but with out a diagram I can't seem to work out what it may look like, I am not having much luck trying to find a decent picture on the web. Any help appreciated. This is my first post BTW
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  5. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

the model 1906 was one of a new series of H&R revolvers introduced first in 1905 with the large frame model 1904, next came a medium frame model 1905 in 1906 and finally the model 1906 in 1907. these were moderized versions of the american/young america series double actions and the H&R catalogs always showed them together. the catalogs never showned a schematic just listed the parts and showed a picture of the parts. what you are looking for probably does not exist.

a revolver that has the barrel and cylinder welded up is most likely missing most if not all of the internal parts.
    bill
  6. longtimeshooter

longtimeshooter New Member

Thanks for the info Bill, I have taken the pistol apart and the only part that is missing is the chamber selector and I think the pin that holds it in. If I could find a parts diagram that would help a lot.