H.S. Sentinel MK IV... good deal?

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Chinook, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Chinook

Chinook New Member

I picked up a High Standard Sentinel MK IV chambered in .22 Magnum. I paid, or at least I loaned my friends dad 500 bux about a year ago, to help cover a final mortage payment... and this is what he was able to give me, since the eco's in the trash for 65 yr. old Millwrights in the NW... Plus 350 dolalrs cash. So I 'spose I "paid" 150 dollars for this seemingly "nice" little revolver. I doint know much about H.S. except for what Ive read on their website... but I do know the little rascal fires, and groups really nicely. My buddy doesnt like the heavy trigger pull. I dont mind it. Predictable, and safer than a lighter trigger if you ask me. It seems like a decently well built firearm, but I can also see this being a really cheap, kinda sub-par operation. Anyone have one of these, and if so, how do you like it? I just dont have much time behind the sights to really give it a good shakedown, but like i mentioned above. It "seems" like a great handgun! Lemme know if I got ripped off, or if $150.00, plus 5 boxes of Federal "Game-Shok" JHP rounds was worth it. Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. FW!

FW! New Member

I would give $150. tor that gun in a heartbeat. You don't get much for $150 these days. Well worth it.
  3. raydcarter

raydcarter New Member

Looks to be in good condition, so I think you're OK - according to 2008 'Guns & Prices', it's about $135 in 'good' condition - I think yours might be better than that. You get more info, probably, at rimfire central, High Standard forum: http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49
  4. Chinook

Chinook New Member

Nice! thanks for the input guys! I did look at the Gun, and Prices index, and saw that I seem to have paid about the right price. Just wasnt really sure.

Had no idea about that rimfire forum either! Thanks for the link!
  5. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Great gun and I think you got a great deal. I have the HS camp 9 in 22lr. I would love to have that in 22 mag.
  6. hunter29180

hunter29180 Well-Known Member

you decide you want to let it go..there 2 of us here would give the cash part for it and you shoot up the ammo before selling!
  7. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

You did fine. Great little pistol with plenty of life left. Enjoy!