Habanero pepper sauce

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by Crpdeth, Nov 3, 2007.

1. pawn

pawn Active Member

I added a few pieces of fresh pineapple to the other ingredients while running it through the food processor. Just a bit of sweetness to contrast and compliment the wonderful bite. :D
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  2. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Great minds? While at the grocer I was eyeing some mango... This may be a fun experiment. :D

Crpdeth
  3. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Rural Arkansas. But isn't all of Arkansas rural?
    Ya that Marie Sharps is great stuff!! I guy I used to work with brought me some a few years back. He got it from a shop in Eureaka Springs, Ar. that only sells hot sauce and stuff like that. I haven't found it anywhere locall though. We used to compete with each other at work. The sport was to burn your co-workers guts out with the hottest thing you could cook. It was usually extremely hot chilli. Fun sport when you can find people to play with ya.
  4. Big Al

Big Al New Member

For a hot pepper you can say one thing about the Habanero, that is head and shoulders above all of the also rans, it's got the best flavor!

I like the fact that it only takes three or four to get in the perfect flavor zone for home made beans. Hamhocks and pintos, with just the lightest touch of a hand full of chiles, it doen't get much better than that.

When the boss whips up a batch of her cornbread to go with, makes a man wonder what the poor folks are eating?
  5. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Thats what I like so much about this sauce too Al...My brother and I stopped in here for lunch today and had some pot roast that I had made with lots of jalapeno, it was almost too spicy for him, but tolerable... Personally I get to add a spoon or two of this habanero sauce to my plate and it is just right for my tastes.

Best of both worlds! :D

Crpdeth
  6. Tom Militano

Tom Militano New Member

There's a knifemaker on another forum, from my old stomping grounds where I grew up in MA, that makes the hottest pepper sauce I've ever tasted. I took some to work once for one of those "They don't make stuff to hot for me" types and warned him and everyone else at the table that this was the hottest stuff I've ever seen. He took a tablespoon full of the stuff and a couple of seconds after he managed to swallow it he tried to suck the water fountain dry, he drank everything liquid he could find in the refrigerator, fresh, sour, or whatever. I think he was trying to call me a SOB when he went in and told the supervisor to put him on sick leave. He was out for three days. For some reason here never wanted anymore. A tablespoon in a POT of chili is about right. It's like molten lava, with a smoky flavor.
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  7. wookie810

wookie810 New Member

Made some of this with the Jalapenos instead of carrots and it is great. I threw in some red hot chili peppers too. Great flavor with enough heat (which is hard for me to find). Any other recipes with this kind of kick?