Had my M1A out today

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (3/16/02 6:38:42 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Had my M1A out today
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I fired the first 4 shots and hit EXACTLY where I aimed. The next 16 were rapid fire via the bump technique. WOW I had people in town thinking someone had a full auto shooting it inside the city limits.

What a blast

Tac401
    Administrator
    (3/16/02 7:07:51 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Had my M1A out today
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WP,

How controlable was it with the bump method?
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (3/16/02 10:35:33 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Had my M1A out today
    I was shooting from the hip into a large dirt cliff at 100 yards. I was keeping the buddits in about a 3 to 5 foot circle.

The old bump thing always scares the hell out of me when it first takes off. You really have to hang on with the front hand cause she can jump right out of your hand.

If it is nice tomorrow I might get a proper target set up and see just what kind of groups I can shoot with the M1A.

You should see the guys at the sporting clay range when I do it with my A-5. There are some guys that just will not believe the shotgun is not modified to go full auto

Tac401
    Administrator
    (3/17/02 3:38:27 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Had my M1A out today
    Sounds good just be careful not to shoot the barrel
    out'a that M1-A!
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (3/17/02 6:07:08 pm)
    Yeah I know. It heated it up when I did that. I just could not resist doing it that one time. It is impressive but I'll probably not do it again.

Dave3
    (3/21/02 9:35:40 pm)
    What exactly is the "Bump Technique"?

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (3/22/02 12:23:00 pm)
    It is a poor mans way to do auto-fire.

Hold the gun at your hip with your finger against the trigger. Do not pull the trigger to fire, you use your other hand and gripping the forearms tightly you push forward on the rifle. The rifle will fire and you keep the forward pressure on and the recoild will make your finger come of the trigger and the forward pressure will cause it to fire again. It might take some practice to get the technique down. Different guns require different amounts of forward pressure.

Make sure you hang on to the gun because once you get it going it can really start jumping around.

It seems to be easier with rifles than shotguns. I can do it with my A-5 but it has to be held just right. I wonder if a gas operated would be easier with a shotgun?

With practice you can make it sound and look like you are shooting a full auto.

When the Benelli boys at the clay range start bragging that there SBE's are the fastest auto loader I put five rounds from my A-5 into a hillside faster than it takes them to shoot two