1. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    I DONT KNOW IF I SPELLED IT RIGHT BUT WHILE WATCHING TV TODAY I RAN ACROSS THE MEDIA INTERVIEWING SOME OF THE PEOPLE THERE.THEY ALL SAID NOW THAT THEY HAVE FOOD AND WATER THAT THEY ALSO WANT JOBS.IM SORRY AND MAYBE IM SELFISH BUT WHEN DOES IT STOP.I HAVE BEEN LAYED OFF SINCE APRIL 09.WE CANNOT BE THE POLICE AND THE PROTECTORS OF THE WORLD.IF WE HAD THE MILLIONS AND MILLIONS WE HAVE SPENT ON AFGANISTAN AND THE EAST I DONT THINK WE WOULD BE IN THIS DEPRESSION.MY FOREFATHERS FOUGHT FOR THIS COUNTRY,I THINK OTHERS NEED TO FIGHT FOR THEIRS,NOT DEPEND ON US TO DO IT FOR THEM.I COULD GO ON ALL DAY LONG BUT TO NO AVAIL.I SUPPOSE WE ARE PROBABLY GONNA HAVE OUR OWN REVOLUTION ONE OF THESE DAYS,I JUST HOPE IM NOT AROUND TO SEE IT.ONE OF THESE DAYS COMMON SENSE MUST PREVAIL. OLD SEMPERFI
  2. trapperdick

trapperdick New Member

I agree with you old boy,,,,,,,,,we can't save the world. Help them get on there feet and get out of there.......TD
  3. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Maybe they should blame themselves?

THAT's a novel concept.:rolleyes:

Get a work ethic!:mad:
  4. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Again, is there any mainly "black" country that prospers? Ain't none in this world. Why are we always expected to bail their asses out? As soon as we send millions of dollars in aid, none of which will end up with the indigents, it'll be back to warlords and corruption.
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  5. topper

topper New Member

IMO, America should help just as far as getting the wounded and sick nursed back and help clean up the dead and ravaged areas. That's as far as we should go. the country of Haiti should be able to take responsible action on it's own to rebuild and provide jobs for themselves. We in America have no legal or moral obligation to take them to raise. Humanitarian aid is the limit. I heard on the news channel that only 1 cent from every dollar donated ever reaches the actual aid effort. What happened to the other 99 cents from every dollar? Administration fees?
  6. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    praise be my brothers,i thought for sure i would get chasized for my opinion i am surprised and grateful that we are of similar mind. old semperfi
  7. colt

colt New Member

Old semperfi your exact thoughts are felt by me and MANY others!!!!
  8. ARB

ARB New Member

I think we should outsource a lot of our jobs to Haiti. And then, we should do the same for Somalia. It might help rid that part of the ocean of those pesky pirates.:rolleyes:
    The Haitian government finally has an excellent opportunity to provide jobs. It's called the Urban Renewal Project. Unite the country, and clean it up. Sounds callous, but it might just work. They might not get paid much, but they weren't anyway.
  9. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

I hate to be rash about the situation in Haiti and I think that any help that they get should be appreciated but the job comments just tick me off. Haiti was barley a country on a good day. You can't polish a turd. We can give you water and food, find your missing, buried the dead and clean up. the job situation down there is up to them, no one else.
  10. navis128

navis128 New Member

We got ours...EVERYBODY eles needs to learn that they can get theirs too...THEY can, so go back to your country and fight for it.

Humanitarian aid is cool as long as it doesn't include large lumps of sums that I'm indebted to China for. If you need me to harbor some women and your children for a while, hey...I'll help you out, but you need to go back home.

But just don't come mess with me...I'll be your friend and trade with you if your not Communist or an insane religious fanatic, but otherwise leave me the hell alone and let me deal with my own countries issues and you take care of yours.
  11. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

I dunno ol semp, sometimes ya have to go to where th jobs are. . . . .
    and you spelled it correctly! That's the first step! You'll be on your way in no time. Don't forget to write.
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  12. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Looks like there should be a lot of clean up and construction work there if there is anyone in charge.
  13. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

Must be Cuz your an ex Marine. Cuz I got chastized for my view pretty hard. Of course I believe we need to take care of the folks here first before sending aid someplace else. But Hey I am just an @$$hole I guess. I mean come on. We have lines infront of the Shelters here in Knoxville that are gettin bigger. But hey we will send aid overseas but I guess our friends, neighbors, Co-workers are all expendble right?
  14. ARB

ARB New Member

You are a bad man, a very bad man, Big ugly!!!!
  15. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

I think, that as a country we can both aid ourselves and those overseas. Witness B/Ugly's comments about the shelters giving aid and succor to those in need.