Hallchinalady, question for you

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Redneck, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Redneck

Redneck New Member

You working the narrows?
  2. Hallchinalady

Hallchinalady New Member

Yup.....One of the Uks goin up and down the mountain....didn't know that you lived close to it tho!!!! :D
  3. Redneck

Redneck New Member

Your work site is 1/2 hour from me! At the end of that little fluster cluck :D y'all got there just stay on 22 for 21 miles and you're here. So tell me, when in the heck is that going to be done and can I come watch you drive a truck off that hill on the east side of the fluster cluck :D
  4. Hallchinalady

Hallchinalady New Member

Supposed to be done in three years from the end of this year...that makes it 2008????? It was a really steep drop but they've taken the worst of the mountain away...it's getting much more managable now....still don't want to do it on a day like today tho.....we were still working up until today...don't know if we'll be back on Friday or what the union reps will decide....getting quite dangerous...about a month ago one of the girls did a 360 down the east side of the mountain...loaded on ice...kept the load and kept it on the side road....(didn't think there was enough room to do a 360), boy was she scared...can't says as I blame her...I'd have been too!!!....But as long as your seat belted in...your in the safest spot. Guess it's part of the job.
    I drive truck #2...it's on the hood of the truck....when you go by blow the horn or holler....we use channel #30 on the CB....a couple of us have CBs in our trucks.....give a holler!!!!
  5. dcon12

dcon12 Active Member Supporting Member

Don't say UNION some people are SENSITIVE. Don :D
  6. Hallchinalady

Hallchinalady New Member

Sorry...didn't mean to upset anyone...but it's the only way I get my jobs. :)
  7. Redneck

Redneck New Member

Well, starting Monday I'll be working for a union company, just hope I make the 30 days to get into the union or else it is back to OTR drving for me again :mad:

May take a cruise up thru there in the pickup sometime, I'll be the one laying on the horn tailgating all the gawkers who drive 15mph to watch you guys,,,err gals drving around in those trucks :mad:

Anyhow, that is one construction job I am glad to see take place, the amount of traffic that runs thru there tends to make those 6 miles of 2 lane a long ride, gets real bad when the Penn State games are going on!

Have ya seen any deer up in there? If so I may have to sneak in there with the smoke pole :D :D :D
  8. Hallchinalady

Hallchinalady New Member

Lonnie,
    On the top of the one we're takin down...there was a doe and two fawns we've been seeing all summer long....they're going to have to find a new home....or someone's freezer.....good luck..
    And don't do too much gaukin.....a lot of accidents while we're on the job from just that....there's been two of the bosses rear ended just in the last month... everyone Ok but......(really funny when THEY have to go and get a pi$$ test at the hospital for someone else not paying attention!) :eek: :eek:
    Good luck on your new job..... :)
    check out the web site....www.penndot2.com...they've been taking pictures of the job all summer. :)
  9. Redneck

Redneck New Member

That is funny! :D

BTW, I don't gawk, I'm one of the guys when there is noone in front of me I get thru there in a timely manner :D

Hey, do you think they will mind if I get up on one of those cranes and use it for a deer stand?
  10. Hallchinalady

Hallchinalady New Member

To be honest...the staties are watching our job site pretty regular (staties are right there at Arch Rock Road).......they set up speed traps regular too.... ;)