Hammer spring for Mowery .36 cal squirrel rifle

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by papasmurf, Jul 16, 2009.

1. papasmurf

papasmurf New Member

Does anyone know where/how I can get a hammer spring for a .36 cal Mowery squirrel rifle? The spring that is in it does not cause the hammer to strike the percussion cap with enough force to detonate it, causing me to have to recock and pull the trigger again. On the 2nd strike it will usually fire, but by that time the squirrels are laughing in their den.

papasmurf
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

3. jjmitchell60

jjmitchell60 Active Member

Raised in Buzzard Roost near Frog Town in hillls o
    Before you oder a spring, check you nipple and caps. I have seen that happen when the cap does not fit down on the nipple tight. The first strike pushes the cap farther onto the nipple thus seating it and the second strike of the hammer sets it opff. Worth a look.
  4. NavCat Chief

NavCat Chief New Member

NW Fla, or as we call it LA (lower Alabama)
    I know that this is way late but try Deer Creek Products, Waldron,In 765-525-6181. They support both Mowery and Numrich (Hopkins & Allen) muzzleloaders.
    Bill