1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

hammerless 38 snub nose

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by tucsoncowboy, Jun 7, 2010.

1. tucsoncowboy

tucsoncowboy New Member

As you may know Arizona has reverted to the old wild west. Every one can carry canceled wreapons with out permits. I'am thinking about carrying a spear 38 snub in an ankle holster. I have never had a canceled hammer weapon. I go to the range every week and do a lot of shooting. my question is will a conceled hammer hold up as well as an open hammer and still be reliable with a lot of use. I think keeping it clean would be a problem and it might affect the firing mecanism. I'am real interested in Ruger's new LCR
  2. rglbegl

rglbegl New Member

The hammerless options from the major gun makers are all fine and will last a lifetime.
    And the LCR is a great weapon. Its trigger is smoother than any other I have ever used.
  3. scudrunner

scudrunner New Member

YES!!

The Ruger LCR is an excellent choice for hammerless! I carry mine sometimes off and on, light weight and very easy to conceal. The action is super smooth but the felt recoil is a little stiff with heavy + P's.

ENJOY............:)
  4. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Bought one and it is an excellent carry weapon at 13 1/2 oz. It is accurate and the recoil is noticable at first with stiff loads but you get accustomed to it quickly if you are into shooting. I have the stock hogue grips and they are the best at mitigating recoil and control.
  5. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

John:

What size spring did it have as stock? Just curious as the LCR has an 8# and I think a stiffer spring would be an improvement.