Hammerless revolvers...your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Zigzag2, Feb 24, 2003.

1. JTofGPD

JTofGPD New Member

Exactly...
  2. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

Hammerless pistols are ugly as heck...
    might as well carry a Keltec PF-9...get more rounds with a better trigger pull...
  3. yogiboobooranger

yogiboobooranger New Member

Me, I would not own any hammerless revolver..heck..how would you fire it without a hammer? HaHa..just kidding. The shrouded hammer revolver is a great pocket gun, and although ugly to some, is pretty to others.
  4. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

That's one that I'm looking at right now, can get a brand new one for $385 if I don't wait too long.

Plus I've always liked the S&W brand and the old wheel guns, if you need more than 5 or 6 shots you're in a war.
    (but keep spare ammo handy ;) )
  5. cpt-t

cpt-t New Member

I shoot and carry a S&W 640-1. I have had it for several years and shoot it quite often mostley with 38 spl`s but a few 357`s each time I take it to the range. I am getting better with it all the time. And feel more comfortable carrying my S&W, It is a very accurate revolver and it is very easy to shoot. I even put a Crimson Trace Lazer Grip on it, and like it even better. With this being a hammerless revolver, I have never experienced any type of snaging any way I have carried. I like my hammerless S&W 640-1 and feel very secure carrying it.
    ken