Handcuffed, disarmed for obeying the law

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by nffritos, Jan 12, 2010.

1. nffritos

nffritos Active Member

2. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

So, exactly what does his last line imply?
  3. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Strange....
  4. tcox4freedom

tcox4freedom Well-Known Member Supporting Member

It LEO's continue to behave in this manner, more CWP holders will clear their own businesses/homes should they come upon a possible break-in. This will mean more armed confrontations between civilians and BG's. (NOT a good thing.)
  5. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I believe he's implying that we may bring about an Afghanistan type of law where warlords control 'law', possibly when honest people decide that being bound by the law is a form of oppression and not protection. At that point everyone starts breaking the law.

A local talk radio personality asked a question similar to this when people recognize that the government cannot obey its own laws, so why should everyone else?... Scary, slippery slope type of stuff... :eek:
  6. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Yes, kinda what I thought. Can't even begin to agree with this idea. Sounds as though anarchy is being promoted. New LEO over-reacted, true, but no reason to advocate tossing the baby out with the bathwater with such reckless abandon; almost as a threat.
  7. rentalguy1

rentalguy1 Former Guest

Lookit, the officer had no idea who the bad guy was. If I am a officer, and I respond to a situation, and I am presented with a HCP holder who is carrying, that person WILL be disarmed. POINT BLANK. END OF STORY. I may or may not cuff them, depending on my assessment of the situation. I am not, nor have I ever been an LEO, but my wife works for the local PD, and many of my friends are LEO's. Guess what...they aren't pricks. They just want to go home to their loved ones that night like everybody else. If you are the dude who says "I would never disarm someone who has a HCP," then you are the dumba** that WILL end up dead someday. The world ain't a pretty place, and everybody isn't who they represent themselves to be. Police deal with scumbags who lie to them all day, every day. They do what they have to do to be safe. Deal with it!

P.S. I am a HCP holder, and I do carry.
  8. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

Alright rental here is the problem. This feller fallows the law to the lettter. Gets his permit, presents his permit as the law requires, yet you are still goin to dis arm him. Why? Is a loaded weapon in the hands of a Law abideing Citizen intemidateing to an officer of the Law? If so Why? I have got to hear this explanation. You tell me please any where in writing that gives an officer the right under the law to disarm a card carying member of the public who has committed no act of violence or crime. If there is no writing then what they are comitting is an unlawful Seasure of ones property. As an officer of the Law they are required to uphold the law, NOT BREAK IT.
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  9. new308handloader

new308handloader New Member

Cops are regular people also....some are pricks and some not.....but one(s) that disarms a HCP when presented the license are pricks. Having a CP license tells the cops this person has never been convicted of a felony or had an order of protection on them. Were talking about good, honest, law abiding people here....and a carry permit should tell the cop that. I have been in two situations where I showed my license to a cop and told them I was armed....neither disarmed me.
  10. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I've been stopped at a license/insurance checkpoint and told the lady officer that I was a permit holder and currently carrying. She says, "oh, thank you for telling me." I ask, "do you want to see the permit?" She says, "no, have a good day." Around here it's normal and accepted. LEO's generally do feel secured to know that the person who they're talking to has had extensive background checks in order to possess a permit to carry. That's just my take from what I've heard officers say in the area.
  11. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

5 times in 3 years? Figure some one would have got a finger print or something by the 3rd time. Nope, thats not how the perp is caught. Hopefully one day by some strange way the police will get a an id of the creep and put out an apb on him and then by the luck of the draw this guy will get pulled over for a minor traffic violation. Thats when he will get picked up. You gotta love it.

Lesson learned - stop calling the cops. What good has it done? :rolleyes:

I love it you call the cops and they put you in handcuffs. Classic!

EDIT: Wait a min. Was this the woman who got called out to this guys place?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  12. retired grunt

retired grunt New Member

This is the fine line. Without being there it's a tough call, but given that the individual that called met the LEO and presented the CCW. I gotta say the LEO overacted lets face it if the caller was a BG he would have attacked or not admitted carrying. Rental I agree with your thought of going home at night as well. I would have decided based on gut feeling as I assume the LEO did. However my gut would have said different.
  13. user

user Active Member

Northern piedmont of Va. and Middle of Nowhere, We
    In an emergency involving a risk of shootings, yes, the cops can and should do that. I routinely advise clients never ever touch a firearm in the presence of a police officer. You don't have to turn it over, but keep it out of sight if you plan to keep it, and DO NOT TOUCH IT or even look like you're going to touch it, in a police emergency. They can and will shoot you dead if you give the appearance of a potential threat. Good faith belief is all that's required if there's an objective fact to base it on.
  14. cakes

cakes New Member

It's so easy to be a monday morning quarterback. The first officer on the scene disarmed a man. She didn't know him. Why wouldn't she disarm him? She was responding to a crime scene, possibly a crime in progress. It sounds like a high crime area, since he gets broken into all of the time.

Monday morning quarterbacks.
  15. Mr. Nameless

Mr. Nameless New Member

If I were the LEO I wouldn't have TAKEN the gun, but I would ask that it be unloaded and the magazine kept seperate from the gun until I left.

(refering to picture)
    And how in the world do you insert the magazine to a rifle backwards?