Handi rifle pardner combos

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by john riley, Nov 17, 2006.

1. john riley

john riley New Member

Does anyone have any experience with these rifles that are also supplied with interchangeable shotgun barrels? They are made by h&r which I believe is the same as NEF I had an old NEF 20 G in my younger days and it was a sweet rugged little piece not much to look at but nice NE feedback on thes newer models is welcome:) :) :)
  2. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

I have a versa pack I bought for the young one in .22/.410 and it is a great little gun and you can send it back to NEF and have a new barrel made for it in different gauges
  3. remguage

remguage New Member

i have a nef 20 gauge singlev shot it is a sweet gun and pretty nice for the price
  4. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Welcome Remguage
  5. earlthepearl

earlthepearl New Member

I have a Handi Rifle in .243 with bull barrel, a year old
    My landlord has one in 22 cal. new, and one about 30 years old in .222. all the barrels interchange and shoot well. I don't know what this sending them in to get barrels fitted is all about. It seems to me that the 30 year old one isn't any different than the new ones when you look closely at them. Frame and barrel attaching are the same.
  6. Jmg198

Jmg198 New Member

Does anyone know how the heavy rifled slug barrel shoots?
  7. RCGUIDRY

RCGUIDRY New Member

It was explained to me this way: There is no adjustment on barrel/receiver space. So H&R Has to check the space if any and adjust the barrel hinge to make it safe. Also there is some difference in some of the receiver's ability to handle some of the calibers that you can get additional barrels for. Example .44 mag and .357 can not have larger caliber barrels due to the fact that they can not handle the heavier loads so to speak.
    Hope that helps.

Randy
  8. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I've heard (no experience of my own) that while you can put a shotgun barrel on a rifle action, you can't put a rifle barrel on a shotgun action. Since the shotguns don't generate anywhere near the pressure of a centerfire rifle, the shotgun receivers aren't made as strong.