Hands On & A Large Loop

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Danny, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Danny

Danny Member

Members come here to find the value of a certain firearm. If the weapon is different in anyway, all of a sudden Fake factors spreads like a firestorm.
    Without having a good hands on inspection it is wrong to the member to get this info & maybe losing monies in the future. Sure some things stand out, like a reblue, wrong grips, holster etc.
    What I am trying to say, is when we give info, it should be correct or an opinion on value given.
    As I stated before, members should be given opinions,
    unless the weapon is 100% as shown & is without a doubt correct in every matter.Gentlemen camera's can lie. Case in point, I have an East Prussian medal that is valued over 5 grand. However on a forum I listed it & bang, Fake. The medal in question is solid silver. Mine on the other hand is solid silver with a gold wash. I called a German friend in CA & he got furious about how many Americans thought they knew everything. He stated that Hitler had authorized the issue of the medal & that some special SS officers were given the gold washed on by Himmler. If I decided to sell, I would state that question , fake or real, your decision, I am not sure.
    Danny:cool:
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  2. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Is it one of those ''take up half you chest medals'' ? My great grandfather was in the Austrian Army in the late 1800's and upon coming to America he founded the German American club in Akron, OH. I have some really cool old photos of him but no medals. I can relate to the medal story. My Kuwait Liberation Medal from the Saudi Government is real gold. It comes in a satin case and I will never part with it because I know what I went through to get it.