Hanoi Jane Doesn't Like The Way She's Being Treated

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by flyingtiger85, Jul 18, 2011.

1. flyingtiger85

flyingtiger85 Active Member

Actress Jane Fonda said in a statement posted on her website today that the QVC television channel cancelled an appearance they had scheduled with her today to promote her new book "Prime Time," blaming the cancellation on what she called "well funded and organized political extremist groups."

In the same statement Fonda said, "I have never done anything to hurt my country or the men and women who have fought and continue to fight for us."

In 1972, during the Vietnam War, Fonda took a two-week trip to North Vietnam, where she was photographed sitting on an antiaircraft gun that North Vietnamese forces otherwise used for shooting at American planes.

When she returned from her sojourn in Vietnam, as Time Magazine reported at the time, she accused U.S. forces of deliberately trying to bomb and destroy dikes, whose destruction could have caused the death of many civilians.

"The outcry was joined by Actress-Activist Jane Fonda," Time reported in its August 7, 1972 edition. "Returning from a two-week trip to Hanoi, where among other things she interviewed several American prisoners of war, she presented a 20-minute film of the visit at a New York press conference that purported to show several recent bomb craters in dikes near Nam Sach, 40 miles southeast of Hanoi, and further damage near the provincial capital of Nam Dinh.

"Hardly a dispassionate witness," Time continued, she said: 'I believe in my heart, profoundly, that the dikes are being bombed on purpose.' From firsthand observation and from pictures shown her by the North Vietnamese, she concluded: Not only the dikes are being bombed, but hydraulic systems, sluice gates, pumping stations and dams as well. The worst damage is done by bombs that fall on both sides of the dikes, causing deep fissures that weaken the base of the dikes.'"

A New York Times review of Fonda's 2005 memoir reported that Fonda apologized in the book for being photographed on the North Vietnamese antiaircraft gun.

"As she has before, Ms. Fonda apologizes for being photographed laughing and clapping while sitting on an antiaircraft gun in Hanoi
    Why Do Liberals tend to side with our enemys such as the likes of Sean Penn too.Who visited and kissed the ring of Saddam Hussen and Hugo Chaves as they live in Mansions and enjoying capitolism fully.Hipocrites is the word I think explains it.God Bless Our Troops!
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  2. Juker

Juker New Member

Good for QVC!!

I just found her website.

This was her blog post on Saturday.

It's the Clinton-Obama philosophy - if you say it didn't happen, by golly, people should believe you, no matter what a lying POS you are.

I was to have been on QVC today to introduce my book, “Prime Time,” about aging and the life cycle. The network said they got a lot of calls yesterday criticizing me for my opposition to the Vietnam War and threatening to boycott the show if I was allowed to appear. I am, to say the least, deeply disappointed that QVC caved to this kind of insane pressure by some well funded and organized political extremist groups. And that they did it without talking to me first. I have never shied away from talking about this as I have nothing to hide. I could have pointed out that threats of boycotts are nothing new for me and have never prevented me from having best selling books and exercise DVDs, films, and a Broadway play. Most people don’t buy into the far right lies. Many people have reached out to express how excited they were about my going onto QVC and hearing about my book.

Bottom line, this has gone on far too long, this spreading of lies about me! None of it is true. NONE OF IT! I love my country. I have never done anything to hurt my country or the men and women who have fought and continue to fight for us. I do not understand what the far right stands to gain by continuing with these myths. In this case, they denied a lot of people the chance to hear about a book that can help make life better, easier and more fulfilling. I am deeply grateful for all of the support I have been getting since this happened, including from my Vietnam Veterans friends.
  3. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

I have know several vets and the general opinion is that they like her well enough to see her burn in hell
  4. Juker

Juker New Member

I do enjoy a good barbeque ...
  5. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

united we stand and we will stand up for our vets
  6. Juker

Juker New Member

Amen, sister.

Some supporters on her blog have opined that the Vietnam War ended 40 years ago.

Nazi war criminals were prosecuted far beyond that time frame.
  7. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    There's no disputing the fact that Jane Fonda toured North Vietnam in 1972, that she engaged in what amounted to a propaganda campaign on behalf of the Communists, and that she participated in an orchestrated "press conference" distorting the truth about the treatment of American POWs. There's no denying that she defamed the POWs by calling them liars when they later spoke out about their plight. She should have thought about her future when she did these things. She didn't, and now she pays for it! I say great news! I hope this haunts her till the day she dies!
  8. dons2346

dons2346 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Commie Jane can go P up a rope.
  9. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

no limit of prosecutions for murders , rapes , or treason ,

hanoi jane is guilty of the last and coluding with the enemy to break comms between the nation and its servicemen..

she passed the note to the VNA spy boss and smiled when she did so ...

she was happy with her choices then ... tough luck now then eh
  10. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Screw Jane Fonda and the gun she sat on.
  11. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    No, that's with the gun she sat on!
  12. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

and pull the trigger
  13. Juker

Juker New Member

repeatedly
  14. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

then send the carcass back where she did her best work , hanoi ..
  15. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

SUCK WIND JANE! I wouldnt buy that book for the paper to light a fire. Check with the ho chi stations for air time, after all they owe ya one. GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS.
  16. K75RT

K75RT New Member

...neither did the Prisoners of War that she betrayed at the Hanoi Hilton...she is entitled to her opinions; her opinions and past are going to haunt her, forever.

17. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Awwwwwwwwww, toooooooo bad!!!!!!!! Boo hoo. :mad:

Jane's going to waiting a long, long time if she's looking for forgiveness from me and all the American soldiers she insulted. Maybe she should return to Vietnam and appear on one of their TV shows. I'm sure the commies will love her over there.
  18. red14

red14 New Member

Screw Jane Fonda.:mad:

Go back to Hanoi.:bleh:
  19. ofitg

ofitg New Member

They can put this photo on her headstone -

Attached Files:

20. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

That :rolleyes: