HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARINES!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by USMCSpeedy, Nov 10, 2012.

1. USMCSpeedy

USMCSpeedy Member

Happy 237th Birthday to the UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS!!!!!!!
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Cheers to all The Faithful Past and Present
  3. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

Happy B-day!!!
    SEMPER FI!!!!
    Mike
  4. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

SEMPER FI MARINES !

A MESSAGE FROM THE COMMANDANT OF THE MARINE CORPS
    As we pause to celebrate the 237th birthday of our Corps, we reflect on the rich legacy of service handed down to us, we recommit ourselves to the tasks at hand, and we look forward toward a bright future in service to our country.
    Marines exist to fight and win our Nation's battles. We are most proud of our wellearned reputation for answering the clarion call first. This was never more evident than at the epic battle of Guadalcanal 70 years ago. Picked to lead the first allied counter-offensive ofthe Pacific war because they were the "most ready," Marines landed on 7 August 1942 in the Solomon Islands. They persevered through months of unremitting deprivation and bitter combat. By the time the veterans of the Blue Diamond, the Cactus Air Force, our legendary Marine Raiders, and initial elements of the Follow-Me Division gathered together to raise a canteen and toast the birthday of their beloved Corps some three months later, the battle was no longer an Issue. The situation was well in hand ... victory was assured.
    We carry that same legacy of resolute commitment and valor today. Over the past year, Marines have stood firm in the toughest of circumstances and on numerous occasions. We've taken the fight to the enemy in Helmand and to the Hom of Africa. We've manned the ramparts of beleaguered embassies in the Middle East and North Africa, fought alongside our allies throughout the world, while behind the scenes, afloat and ashore, other Marines did the painstaking hard work required to maintain our high levels of readiness and efficiency.
    As we look toward the future, we know that our sentimental place in the hearts of our fellow Americans and critical role in the defense of our way of life are assured. America has always wanted a Marine Corps .. .it's always been that way. Now, more than ever, America needs its Marines as we confront a dangerous and unpredictable world. Faced with difficult days ahead, we will continue to draw strength from our rich heritage and the shared values of the Marines to our left and to our right. We know who we are ... we know what we stand for. As ever we will strive to be found worthy of the legendary trust of our fellow Americans.
    I salute the enduring faithfulness ofthose who have gone before, of those who wear our cloth today, and of the families who stand so resolutely at our sides. Happy Birthday, Marines!
    Semper Fidelis,

[​IMG]
    James F. Amos
    General, U.S. Marine Corps​
  5. MSGT-R

MSGT-R Active Member

Happy Birthday Marines!

I went to our annual Pizza lunchin for the local retirees yesterday and the place was packed! Our oldest Marine was a 92 yr old Tarawa vet, and the youngest was the 42 yr old SgtMaj from 4th tanks, an Iraq vet.

The beer and pizza flowed, and Ret. MajGen Kuklok was our guest speaker.

We had guys assaulting the beach as early as 1000 to help with setting up and taste testing the beer. We didn't break down until well after 1430 with lots of smiling faces, laughter and another sucessful event behind us. An absolute blast, as usual. :patriotic:
  6. ka64

ka64 Well-Known Member

7. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

Happy Birthday.....

All gave some, some gave all.
  8. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

9. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Happy Birthday my Brothers and Semper Fi.:patriotic:
  10. MSGT-R

MSGT-R Active Member

KA64, that's the funniest damn thing I've seen in awhile! :D
  11. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

:patriotic:
  12. marlin795

marlin795 New Member

Calvary Chapel Conference Center; Murrieta,CA
    Happy Birthday Marine's. We had our our 237th back in June. Hooah
  13. Silencer

Silencer Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Marines!
  14. hobby_mesa

hobby_mesa Active Member

I should have come on here for THE birthday...I watched my normal USMC movies, made LOTS of toasts...just the wife and me...my own mother didn't even call to wish me a Happy Birthday!
  15. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Well-Known Member