Happy Father's Day!

Discussion in 'VMBB General Discussion' started by inplanotx, Mar 8, 2003.

1. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Winter11
    V.I.P. Member
    (6/14/02 1:14:31 pm)
    Happy Father's Day!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not gonna be around on Sunday to say it so...

I hope you all have a great weekend and an outstanding Father's Day!

Ya'll deserve it!!!

Always Faithful

high2fly
    *Senior Chief Of Staff*
    (6/15/02 3:35:26 pm)
    Reply Re: Happy Father's Day!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks Winter--you have a knack for saying the nicest things. Bet there isn't a Dad out there that isn't appreciative of kind remarks and this day set aside for us--so to all you Dads, a hearty DITTO to Winter's thoughts. Wilborn

SixTGunr
    V.I.P. Member
    (6/15/02 6:33:59 pm)
    Same here on this end and "Thanks" Winter. Six Out!

"HUE CITY SHOOTOUT PARTICIPANT ..... RVN '68 TET OFFENSIVE"

high2fly
    *Senior Chief Of Staff*
    (6/16/02 4:25:10 am)
    Good Morning to you all---seems as if we had a power bump here overnight--my bedside clock was flashing what I assumed was the right time--NOT SO!!! Get up and 4:AMaccording to that clock, shave and 'gussie-up', come out and make a pot of Joe---then discover that it is 2:AM when the grandfather clock chimes. So be it---I'll just have more of a Father's Day to observe and celebrate. Speaking of and recalling Father's Day, twenty years ago my son Tim, who was working for Procter-Gambles at the time, bought me a new 1982 Chevy El Camino---beautiful silver and royal blue---loved that vehicle. Tim lives here with me now with his son Bryan---he is re-doing the car top to bottom---yesterday he finished the painting and it sure looks prime---he will be reassembling the chrome and glass so it has been a lengthy project for him. I had given it back to him a couple years ago to use when he come onto slim pickings---I still look at that car and remember---got a whole drawer full of shirts and ties and other Father's Days gifts accumulated over the long years---I'm sure not a 'clothes horse'---just seems as if I get so many things---much more than I ever give. Whoops---I just spilled my coffee------no I didn't either! Well, I'll be damned---my cup is just running over. Wilborn

Tac401
    Administrator
    (6/16/02 2:06:22 pm)

Re: Happy Father's Day!
    Happy Happy Folks!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

Winter11
    V.I.P. Member
    (6/16/02 7:19:14 pm)
    That was a helluva gift JW!! That car must be gorgeous!! Even more now that he's fixin' it up!!!!

Always Faithful

high2fly
    *Senior Chief Of Staff*
    (6/17/02 7:04:31 am)
    It was a marvelous gift Winter---the original upholstery was velour (sp) almost purple blue in color. I had the seats covered in a saddle blanket material right away, and over the years I had the ElCamino, several recoverings of the seats. The old original material is in an almost new condition---the car has never been in any kind of accident so Tim has a wonderful recovery job whn he is finished. Wilborn

Winter11
    V.I.P. Member
    (6/18/02 9:53:47 am)
    You should get pics up when he's done!

I'd LOVE to see it!!!!!

I dream of one day owning a '65 Mustang.... one day.

Always Faithful

high2fly
    *Senior Chief Of Staff*
    (6/18/02 10:58:02 am)
    Tell you what I'll do Winter---as the re-assembly takes place, I'll take progress photos and send them--I don't know how to post them on the unit---perhaps I could impose. Oh, let me tell you a ME/I story. In 1955 the Ford Thunderbirds made the automobile scene---a two seater with that little round porthole up along side of the cab---God, I loved that car. In 1954 I had shipped over in the navy, so I had that large bonus stashed in the bank. I was going to lay-out that money for a T-Bird--it was going to be passion pink and battleship grey---those were the popular colors that year. In June of 1955, I returned to the states from overseas ---the Navy sent me to school in southern California right away---I had known this pretty little Mexican girl from 1952---her name was Maria Ellenia Rodriguez---we had dated numewrous times but her Dad didn't like sailors---. Well, Mary was around in '55 and we began to date again---the hankerings for the T-Bird subsided---didn't seem that important anymore---it kinda become a toss-up of the Bird or Mary. We were wed mid October in Tijuana, Mexico---I wore a pink sport shirt and grey flannel trousers---of course my black navy
    shoes were very appropriate as they matched the color scheme. We speak of it sometimes and laugh about the choice I made--we made. Makes me feel good right now just thinking about it---we finally got our first new car in 1958---it was a Ford Fairlane 500---sometimes when I'd look at it ---you know at certain angles when the light was just right, it would remind me of that pretty little Thunderchicken I never got. wilborn

Edited by: high2fly at: 6/18/02 12:02:07 pm