HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rosierita, Nov 22, 2007.

1. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

:) i hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Psalm 69:
    30 I will praise God's name in song
    and glorify him with thanksgiving.
  2. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

You too Rosie, and I hope all is well with all of your new "birds" on the farm! Best reguards Kirk
  3. Right back at ya, Rosie, and to all members on TFF as well! :)
  4. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

Thanks - The same to you
  5. dcd_enterprises

dcd_enterprises New Member

Happy Thanksgiving All!

Ben Franklin & The True Story of Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving has not always been a but-gusting, stuffing eating soiree of football and food. In the early days, our forefathers sought to appease God and highlight the suffering of early colonial life by fasting and being miserable.

Ben Franklin comes along years later and tells the story of how one farmer stood out from among the orthdoxy of the day and suggested we celebrate the blessings and bounty we have through a joyous feast.

Mrs. Cubbison, the Butterball folks and the planners of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade remain forever grateful.

The Real Story of the First Thanksgiving
    By Benjamin Franklin (1785)

“There is a tradition that in the planting of New England, the first settlers met with many difficulties and hardships, as is generally the case when a civiliz’d people attempt to establish themselves in a wilderness country. Being so piously dispos’d, they sought relief from heaven by laying their wants and distresses before the Lord in frequent set days of fasting and prayer. Constant meditation and discourse on these subjects kept their minds gloomy and discontented, and like the children of Israel there were many dispos’d to return to the Egypt which persecution had induc’d them to abandon.

“At length, when it was proposed in the Assembly to proclaim another fast, a farmer of plain sense rose and remark’d that the inconveniences they suffer’d, and concerning which they had so often weary’d heaven with their complaints, were not so great as they might have expected, and were diminishing every day as the colony strengthen’d; that the earth began to reward their labour and furnish liberally for their subsistence; that their seas and rivers were full of fish, the air sweet, the climate healthy, and above all, they were in the full enjoyment of liberty, civil and religious.

“He therefore thought that reflecting and conversing on these subjects would be more comfortable and lead more to make them contented with their situation; and that it would be more becoming the gratitude they ow’d to the divine being, if instead of a fast they should proclaim a thanksgiving. His advice was taken, and from that day to this, they have in every year observ’d circumstances of public felicity sufficient to furnish employment for a Thanksgiving Day, which is therefore constantly ordered and religiously observed.”

Attached Files:

6. dcd_enterprises

:D

Attached Files:

7. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Same to you and yours, Rosie. Hope you have a great day and much success. God bless you, troy and the kids.
  8. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Happy turkey day back at you Rosie.
    Mine was roast pork mashed taters greens and some more greens a new spoon bread made from cornmeal and home made cranberry relish. If was just outstanding.
  9. dcd_enterprises

Cranberry Relish?!? Talk about taste bud overload. I've got just some plain old homemade zucchini relish that I've got to be in just the right mood to be able to handle.
  10. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

you gotta recipe for the relish & bread?:)

i made buttermilk rolls. that is my REQUIRED dish for the holidays... i have skipped making them before & i swear, NEVER AGAIN! i got skewered by the entire family....:p;)

when i left my parents' house, my dad was trying to talk me into sopping those rolls w/ honey & cream.... now, THAT is GOOD STUFF!;)

thank you everyone for the well wishes.:)
  11. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Same to you, et al.
  12. Taurus_9mm

Taurus_9mm New Member

Happy Thanksgiving everyone and may God bless you and yours. :)
  13. Admin

Admin Active Member Staff Member

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Attached Files: