Happy Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by steve4102, Nov 24, 2011.

1. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving was always a great time for me growing up. On Thanksgiving Day we would all gather at my Uncles house in the Twin Cities and pig out, watch football and take a nap. Friday was the big day for us. All the women would go shopping and spend, spend, spend.
    The men and boys had better ideas. My dad, uncle, brothers,cousins and dogs would get up real early, make a ton of cold Turkey sandwiches, grab our shotguns, pile into the Suburban and head off to a near by Pheasant farm. We would spend the day chasing and shooting Pheasants, great fun. We would spend that evening cleaning Pheasants, not so great fun as all the adults would go out and leave us young-ens to clean all those birds. :)
    Saturday was a trip to my uncles shooting club. We would shoot trap and skeet for most of the day, no sporting clays back then, fun, fun, fun. Cold, but fun.
    Those days are gone now as the old timers have passed and the young-ens have move on and started there own Thanksgiving family traditions.
    Two years ago as a Christmas gift I gave my older brother a gift certificate to the same Pheasant farm we hunted as young boys, thought he might enjoy taking his two sons out for a Thanksgiving Pheasant hunt. Well, he did better than that, he made it a real traditional event. He got all the remaining family members and their children to come for the day and hunt just like old times. That was one great Thanksgiving.

Sorry for the long winded post, just thought I would share and would hope you guys would share some of your Thanksgiving Traditions.
  2. dbennett48

dbennett48 New Member

Be safe if you are driving. We all want to see you back here on Monday morning.
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Great story Steve. Happy Thanksgiving!
  4. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Sounds like a tradition well worth keeping going Steve. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and Happy shooting tomorrow if you can make it !