Harington &Richardson hamerless model

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by reinhard, Dec 30, 2010.

1. reinhard

reinhard Member

a very nice Harington & Richardson in .22RF,looks original nickel plated ,overal condition is like new,serial number is 20524,.and would like to howmuch it's worth, what makes the gun intresting to me is the caliber it's easy to obtain the 22 ammo and it's my intention to fire this revolver ,what sort of .22 ammo can be used in this gun? and what is the exact name of this model? is there a differance in value between the H&R and the I-J ?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  2. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

Reinhard,
    You have a very nice example of the "SMALL FRAME HAMMERLESS", it is a 2nd Model 7th Variation - non-stepped grip frame, new circa 1925. In the condition as pictured, I'd say you paid about $50 to $60 less than it is worth. I'll bet that makes you feel guilty?
    This is the FIRST 7th Variation that I have seen - in 16 years of collecting.
    Very nice!
    I've fired one of my older SF Hammerless with standard velocity .22 LR - they fit in the cylinder and it didn't explode - I'm darn near certain your's should be able to handle those also.
    Bill would be better able to compare pricing between the IJ analog and the H&R.
    Very nice piece!
  3. reinhard

reinhard Member

thank you Jim, no guilty feelings here,it would be nice to compare this gun to the other variations,found Mr.Goforth's book in Belgium,where can I find more info on the H&R guns?
  4. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

after a quick check of the newest blue book prices i found the H&R's and I.J.'s post world war II prices to be very close. the one exception is the model 999 sportsman. the prices seem to be a bit higher for them although the equal 22 supershot sealed eight is the better revolver having the "Hammer the Hammer" action.

of course the above is only in the U.S.A. i have no idea of what these revolvers are bringing overseas. i have been told that any of the H&R and Iver Johnson revolvers bring more than they do in the U.S.A.

i can only hope that the H&R book will be availabe very soon. and as far as prices in the U.S.A. go the blue book was updated within the last three years with current values on all Iver Johnson and H&R firearms. even though the values are meaningless overseas the blue book is a good reference on these two manufacturers and many more. i am pleased you found my iver johnson book in belgium. i can now say it has world wide distribution. there was a review of it several years ago in the german langauge magazine VISIER.
    bill
  5. reinhard

reinhard Member

Bill let me say that your book was beyond my expectation,a must have,even with the world wide distribution it's tough to find one,price for a pristine I-J or H&R can go as high if one is willing to pay,600$ was payed for an I-J model 1900 in the box a year ago ,didn't want to sell but it was an offer I couldn't refuse